Saturday 15 March 2008

Tegan & Sara!

Fan-freaken-tastic! The Tegan and Sara concert was good... good... goooood! I had a really good time and came out rather pleased. Chuffed.
It rained and we got drenched before so we were a little on the rather wet side when we entered but once it was over we were dry and the rain had stopped and that my friends made me smile even more.. of course I was smiling rather large from the concert.

While standing in line before being allowed in Tegan walked right passed me.. I was so excited about it that I lost my mind and didn't tell Emma so she missed her.. or well she got to see her back before she disappeared.. but hey you get that on the big jobs! Also while standing in line of course we were standing behind donkeyfucks, who chain smoked and pushed about and many many times knocked me in the boob.. at one point I had an opportunity to take the little donkeyfucks wallet so that she couldn't be let in.. but my good streak won through and I left it be. Those donkeyfucks were so annoying and I tell ya.. it made time stand still! One little thing that made me laugh while standing in line... was the fact that there was this girl standing behind us who looked all of 12 and ever so lonely! I know that shouldn't make me laugh but she didn't look like she should be there.. and especially alone.. once we were in tho I didn't see her once so maybe she hooked up with peeps in there or something.

Once we were in.. it was nice to get out of the wet jacket and grab a seat and sit back and just wait for the place to fill up and get rowdy! Altho it didn't get that rowdy.. it was actually rather good and it was a rather diverse crowd.. like I even saw an older bald man.. which is something I didn't think I would see.. but hey they do make some great sounds. The place filled up slowly but surely and it was rather interesting.. I like watching people.. they are rather interesting creatures. There was this one guy who walked on past us and just as he did Emma said something to me and he spun around and gave her this really creepy smile.. Emma however missed it completely but I saw it and laughed.. I reckon what happened was he heard her speak English to me and that is like totally unusual so he just had to check it out.. he was wicked creepy tho but it was funny as. It was good fun sitting back and just watching listening to some sounds.. not that either band had started playing yet but hey.. it was only a matter of time.

Before the supporting act, Emma checked out the merchandise and picked up a couple of Tee's and Badges.. which totally ROCK! We each got a tee and they would of been even wickeder if we had of got them to sign em.. but alas I was not that lucky to actually get to meet them.. totally saddened me but it didn't stop me from having a wicked night.

The supporting act was Northern State.. they were.. umm.. well to be nice.. just not my cuppa tea. I am not really into rappacrappa but hey I am sure those who like that sort of stuff would totally get into them.. they were at least amusing when they weren't singing their rappacrappa. All in all they weren't too bad but I wouldn't want to listen to them ever again but like I said that is coz they just ain't my cuppa tea! They did however get a few people dancing who were close to me, which I found highly entertaining.. there was this one girl who would dance.. and dance.. and dance some more.. but she was never actually any good at dancing along with the music.. which is always fun to watch!

Actually something that I really don't understand is.. people who go to concerts just to suck freaken face! I mean HELLO! what is the point of that? I thought going to concerts was to enjoy the artist on stage! If you want to suck face.. go home and chuck on the cd and that way people don't have to see you looking really horrible sucking face. There was this one couple who stood right in front of us for some part of it.. who would only suck face.. I don't think I ever actually saw them NOT sucking face.. and it was just gross. Maybe I am a prude but I don't like to see it.. I think there is a time and a place for everything.. I can understand the odd kiss and maybe standing there both facing the stage with one person behind the other enjoying whats happening on stage.. or even just holding hands and arm around shoulder or whatever.. but sucking face.. COME ON! go get a freaken room already! My pretty little eyes don't need to see such nasty!

When Tegan and Sara took the stage it was like .. *poof* and the people appeared! It was nuts.. there was a little bit of breathing room before they took the stage but once they were there and in a split second it was a little less than breathing room.. but it was all gooood. They came on and got straight into it.. blatting out songs and I was starting to think that we were gonna get any stories.. which is something that they do.. so after about half a dozen songs or so.. I decided I would do something that I normally wouldn't do.. but I wanted at least one darn story.. so I yelled out... "Tell Us A Story?!" which apparently embarrassed Emma and it seemed like they didn't hear me and just went on with another song and then another... and then they story came and I was like YaY! GO GREEN! LOL The story was about Sara wearing green cords to a smashing pumpkins concert and the ass was glow in the dark.. totally funny! and then when Tegan finished telling the story she said.. "and that was a story for ya" so I am thinking that I was heard and that was directed at me.. and I don't care what anyone says.. it was MINE!

Which brings me to another moment that I shared with Tegan while they sung Speak Slow.. our eyes locked.. she looked directly at me and it was special.. ok well I know she probably couldn't see me at all.. but you gotta take these little moments and it was totally like we were looking at each other.. and if she had actually seen me then I would feel a little stink coz well.. I just KNOW I had the goofiest look on my face! but hey thats all cool.. coz we had a moment! it was all mine! and we had another eye locking moment a little later on too.. ok so the eyes weren't locked but you know what I mean.. we had moments dang nabbit! I ain't giving them up for no-one! LOL

They finished up at around 11:30pm and Emma and I hung around for a bit, Emma had some water and I had a Beam & Ale.. it has been so very long and it was so very nice.. it really is my drink of choice.. nothing like Jim Beam & Ginger Ale with Ice to end an awesome evening. Sadly Tegan & Sara didn't come out to join us.. but all was not lost coz Emma and I were happy with just being there and having a good time and the crowd wasn't too bad which is always a bonus.. you get the token donkeyfucks but all in all it was a good crowd which is good coz I have this thing about personal space.. don't be getting in mine!

Emma and I enjoyed the cool walk home.. or well back to Jenny's place, having a good ole chat about the wicked night we had just had. It is something that I can't wait to do again and next time they are in Sweden.. we are going to go to ALL of their concerts! HA there Emma it is now in print.. so you better not re-neg! :P

If you wanna check out a few pics that we.. or well Emma.. coz she is in charge of the pic taking coz well she is better than I.. you can check em our on Emma's Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)