Saturday 29 March 2008

New computer...

The new computer (Dell XPS 420) arrived yesterday.. after some fluffing about and an initial crash it all seems to be running smoothly. Emma is rather chuffed with the little screen that is on the actual unit where you can play solitaire and it is also hooked up to various cameras so one day see.. I think it was traffic, volcanoes and a bird place that Emma said had no birds when she looked at it that is.. there are some other things I think but I can no remember. It is a rather smart looking machine and vista is still messy which I don't like.. I am looking forward to getting stuck in and using it to see what it is really about. Hopefully I can start playing scrabble again! Coz that is the most important thing! LOL

One thing I really cannot stand is the keyboard.. its a swedish keyboard so I have to learn where all the little things are.. which is annoying in itself.. and its noisy and the keys are small.. I guess I will have to start hunting for an English keyboard sooner than I wanted to.. one thing I keep doing is pressing the '<' key instead of 'shift' and it is SHITTING me! Who would think that a keyboard would cause me so much mental pain! lol Maybe after using a laptop for so long I have forgotten how to use a 'desktop' keyboard.. plus I think my fingers are too fat for the little skinny keys.. pootang.

One thing that makes me wicked happy is the fact that I no longer see lines going across my screen coz this new computer has a decent graphics card, whereas the laptop didn't have such a good one.. so now I get to look at a nice crisp screen.. and we also have the new computer hooked up to the tele so we can watch tv shows/movies etc on there.. which is always more fun to watch a bigger screen than a smaller screen.. ooo exciting! Well that is all.. just wanted to share the good news of the new computer arriving and now I'm off to try and enjoy my weekend. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)