Thursday 27 March 2008

Butternut Pumpkin!!

It was waffle day on Tuesday and we didn't have any waffles.. total sadness.. but hey what can you do when you don't have a waffle maker? and I refuse to buy one coz well I am a tight ass! hahaha

I got my bunny.. after easter but still at least I got it! Another bit of rather exciting news... I also got butternut pumpkins.. the smallest butternut pumpkins I have EVER seen but still.. butternut pumpkins! I am totally excited about having roasted butternut pumpkin! Mmmm so YuM! for mu TuM! You should have seen my face when I saw it in the mailer.. I was like... "NO WAY!" You see I have been here for 2 years and it is the first time I have seen butternuts on sale... anywhere!! Emma and I tried to grow pumpkins at her brother place but it just wasn't the same.. coz they weren't butternut and butternut is the best.. for me anyways! So this weekend.. on the menu we shall have roast veg along the lines of... yes... butternut pumpkin! & potatoes, carrots, parsnips, kumara, onion and anything else that might jump out at me when we are picking up everything else!!
Oh yeah
chick-a-chick-ahhhh! Talk about happy Jo!

Ummm lets see.. what else has been happening.. well it appears to have stopped snowing.. today the sun is shining.. and I have to say it is really nice to be able to walk Nemo in the mornings and actually have light instead of dark.. its always nicer. This morning the sun was sooo very nice.. it was a wicked bright orange and just made me wish I had the camera.. but Emma had it and I thought.. surely she would take a pic.. but alas.. she did not.. prolly didn't see it how I saw it.. with her being on the train in all. Anyways it was really nice.. even tho Nemo was being a brat!

I had something to write about before and now for the life of me I cannot remember what it was.. so I guess it can't have been important.. don't you just hate it when your memory decides to go on a holiday. I know holidays are nice in all but come on.. I still have to function so my dear memory you need to return!

Nemo was up on the window sill this morning.. laying there sapping up all the sun rays and looking ever so cute.. I swear he thinks he is a cat sometimes! When I went to get him down he didn't want to budge at all and got all snotty at me.. but I didn't want to leave him unsupervised on the window sill.. he might jump down and hurt himself and then Emma would kick me in the shins! & that my friends would not be cool!

Mmmmm BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN peoples!!

PJ O'Rourke - "Never wear anything that panics the cat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)