Thursday 2 June 2011

Meat Sweat!

We arrived in Seville and it was rather warm warm warm! After a little scenic tour around the crazy streets, we found our hotel and checked in nicely. For a supposed 4 star hotel, it was quite the dive.. I can't say that I would stay there again. The bed was creaky and uncomfortable.. actually worse than the shitbox the night before. The one thing I will give this place credit for is.. *drum roll* the freaken toilet roll was BESIDE you and not BEHIND you like in nearly every other place we have been to so far. What is up with the dodgy toilet roll placement I wonder.

After settling in, we all headed off for a bite to eat.. tapas here we come! You really can't go wrong with bite size food portions! Ok maybe several bites per portion but they were just the right size. The food was really good.. which made a nice change from the previous stay where the food was rubbish everywhere. Rubbish food makes me angry.








With our bellies all nice and full, we set off to do a little sightseeing.. we are tourists afterall. We headed to the cathedral.. looked around and then we made our way up the tower Giralda. Which was again UP! 35 ramps UP! and then just a piddly 17 stairs! not flights of stairs thankfully! the view was pretty nice from up the top. 

We also checked out Real Alcazar, which I don't know exactly what it was but the garden area was pretty darn large and they had peacocks again! I love peacocks. I also got told off for walking on the grass, even tho I saw others doing it. I guess I just look like pure riffraff!

Em and I split from the Aussies and headed over to look the Plaza de Espana, coupled with just walking around taking things in. We came across a largish shopping strip which just happened to have Dunkin Donuts.. which totally made Emma's day, so of course we stopped by and grabbed a mandarin donut and iced coffee.. which they proceeded to put canned cream on.. which was so foreign to us. We waited until we got back to the room before scoffing it down, potted around the room a bit, freshened up before heading out to dindins. And once again Emma did good with her researching and found an awesome little tapas place to feast. I ordered a meat platter.. which I knew before ordering that it would be way too much but I couldn't go there and not order the meat! It was so much meat that I asked 3 local dudes at the next table if they would finish it for me.. they weren't so sure to start with but they caved and took it. You can't waste good meat! Actually you just can't waste good food. 

After dinner, we took a little walk around before heading back to the room again.. of course not before I stopped at one of the numerous ice cream shops and grabbed a little ice cream to enjoy on the walk.. even though I was completely stuffed and walking around feeling like I was just ooozing meat sweat! I made sure to shower before bed.. not to gross Emma out too much.. you know with her being a mainly non meat eater in all lol

Seville made a good impression on me.. they have citrus trees everywhere!!

So far EuroTrip2011 has been quite reasonable in the things that we have done and seen. I love being on holiday with Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)