Sunday 5 June 2011

Even More Gaudi!

Em and I were up at a reasonable hour.. we potted about, then pissed off to breakfast to fill our bellies before tackling another Gaudi day! First stop! The park.. this park is pretty freaken awesome.. but once again there was up up up! Seriously what is with the ups? Do I look young and uncrippled or something?


We spent a good few hours in there before leaving to head off to see.. more.. gaudi! I have to say tho, this place is pretty darn cool, and to know that when he was designing it.. he knew he would never live to see it just blows my mind. It still isn't finished and wont be for some time. We tagged onto, or well.. more like they surrounded us when we were having a gander, so we stayed and listened a little to the guide and she was saying how some people say it will be complete by 2026ish and others say that its still at least 25 years away from completion! Em and I have decided that we will come back and see it when it is complete and take the tour inside then too. We didn't go inside it today..

We were starting to get a little hungry when we stumbled across a little street market, where they sold some locally made beer and bread/baked goods.. so we got a selection and headed back to enjoy it on the roof of the hotel. Where we met a dude, who was waiting for his mate to arrive and they were doing a little spain trip. We had a little chat. He was a pretty nice bloke. I do enjoy meeting people on trips.. especially nice people. They are actually very rare to find.

It was time to brave the streets again.. and the skies! We were off to check out the cable car ride! It made my legs feel like jelly! But it was a pretty awesome view.. I was however happy to get the fuck out and off that little box. I don't think I moved much the entire time I was on it lol

Next stop.. the beach! We walked along the beach.. checking people out and just being generally pervy.. coz that's how we roll! I was starting to get a little sore.. and rightfully so as it turned out! I had blisters! booo! We made it home and I got to enjoy another shower before I got stuck into doing all this typing and uploading of photo's for your eyes.. coz I'm so nice! However, I am not so nice to go all the way up to my room to get the camera to get good shots so you are stuck with just hipstamatic shots again.. how sad! Better than nothing at all tho right?

And to complete my day.. I get to do washing.. which means I should really finish this up and get a wriggle on.. or I will have no more clean clothes for the rest of the trip and that would get mighty stinky and awkward. 10 days to go! My how time flies.. but not aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)