Saturday 11 June 2011

Jersey Shore Marathon.

The train trip to Florence didn't quite start the experience off in the best way.. I really wanted to thump the train conductor who proceeded to tell us that we would need to swap seats at the next stop coz they had screwed up with the numbering.. all I wanted to do was get freaken seated somewhere and stay there until I had to get the fuck off.. not fluff around at the stops ffs.. Em and I went into the next carriage, which was a little fun having to walk over the metal piece that joins the train and you could just see the ground whipping by on the sides. It ended up being a good move coz the only people who were actually in that carriage were sleeping and the air con was actually nice and cool.. unlike the previous train trip.. but yeah I wont go into that.

We made it to Florence in one piece and got checked in and then made our way to the city, where we stopped by a little corner cafe for a quick pick me up and then got stuck into the explore factor. I found that I didn't much care for the city in general and it really seemed to lack something.. what something I don't really know but it really isn't on a I wanna see again list.

I decided that the hike the day before wasn't quite nearly hard enough that I had to this time walk up 414 steps.. that is correcto people.. I just keep going up! and that wasn't to mention the extra steps to get up to see over the sides of each main level of the tower.. and also the 5 extra steps I had to walk up again after some douchebag decided that I should be the one to move and not him even tho I was moving first. These things happen in tight situations I guess.. and I have been in much worse situations in the last month.

We walked around some more.. my feet were not happy campers so we decided to go and grab a coffee before having to meet the Aussies again.. and funnily enough in all of Florence, we managed to walk into the same one that they were already sitting in having a cuppa. It also turned out to be THE most expensive coffee we have ever had in our life.. along with a bite sized cannoli. 16 euros got us a coffee and cannoli each. Laughable and shocking all rolled into one.


Then we went and saw the REAL David.. and Em snapped a pic! *gasp* she's a bad girl but I was so so proud! Coz now I have an awesome photo of the REAL David for my blog!

The next day Em and I headed off to do some more looking.. we went up steps yet a-fucking-gain to the view point where I must say the view was pretty stella and I got to drink Duff beer.. Simpsons anyone? I should maybe also mention that it was before 10:30am but I just couldn't pass up the chance to try Duff.. would you be able to do it? Afterwards we pissed off back to the city and walked and walked and walked some more.. I must say I wish I had of worn a step counter for this entire trip, just to see how far I have actually walked.
We stopped by a little hole in the wall called I Due Fratellini, which is where I had not one.. but 2 of their breadage goodness. First up I had goats cheese and salami accompanied by a glass of wine and then coz I was still feeling like I needed to try another one, I had the fresh(raw) sausage and eggplant panino.. and it was so very good that a few hours later, I just had to go back for another.. afterall I wont be coming back to this place ever. Or well maybe I will come back just for the panino! Also while we were standing in line to get the first panino, 2 cast members of the Jersey Shore reality show were standing directly behind us! Which I didn't even notice until after I had totally walked away and stood off to the back to wait for Em.. and saw the video cameras lol. The previous day we saw one of them too.. so that was brought our count up to 3! Then to bring the count up to 6.. when we were back in the evening so that Mike could try the panino I had raved about, we managed to see 3 more! If only I was actually a fan, I would be stoked.. of course I took photos.. coz well it was just pure funny and Florence really hadn't made much of an impact on me so this at least added a little funny to it.. Here's the pics, if you are interested. #ONE #TWO #THREE Of course I tweeted it.. coz well.. what else should I have done? Gotta share the funny right?

Lucca tomorrow.. I can't wait... even though it involves more walking.. but this time on the city walls! Cool as man! How jealous are you right now?

Oh and I forgot to mention.. Em and Mike are little sickly creatures! That will teach them for snogging romantically on the balcony in Vernazza, under the moonlight with the waves crashing below and the sea spray lightly sprinkling upon them AND of course the wind in their hair! Ok.. yeah that didn't happen but they are sick. Much sniffling is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)