Wednesday 22 June 2011

The First Week.

So I have been back a week today.. a whole week!
What have I done with this glorious week of being home and in my own surroundings... and bed!? Pretty much nothing.. I have relaxed relaxed relaxed.. ok maybe some of the relaxing was forced coz my back finally gave out.. or well I think it just that I knew I didn't have to push through anymore.. its feeling a little betterer today, which is the main thing.

Emma got really sick as soon as we got home too.. hers, quite possibly a little more self inflicted with the accidental overdose of cough medicine. Which resulted in her throwing up a fair bit and breaking out in some unsightly rash all over her body. Not a fun first few days were had at home I must say, but it did clear up her cough.. mostly.

Nemo.. well, he didn't give me the warmest of welcomes.. which was totally expected really but he seems happy to be home with us.. now. The first day, he was a little "what the frak am I doing here?" and seemed to miss the parentals a little.. luckily it is midsummer this Friday so he will tag along to his second home to see his most favourite people in the world. Also, Nemo has turned into a complete cheesewhore.. the second cheese comes out of the fridge, he is at your feet.. waiting, with big eyes! It's outta control! oh  and adorable too..

EuroDuck has settled in well.. and has enjoyed his days hanging out by the door. He seems to really like the relaxed feel and life here. The meeting with Nemo didn't go as well as hoped but he hopes Nemo will come around to love him one day. I think maybe he needs to try and look less sinister..

What has the weather been like in this first glorious week back home? Grey, rainy and quite frankly plain miserable.. but I'm still SO happy to actually be home. The trip was long, it felt longer than it was but yet strangely did seem to go by pretty swiftly. While I enjoyed the chance to see something new and exciting, ok so some days were less exciting than others but it was all still new, I am stoked to be home seeing all my old things and just being me.. no stress. No ugly rooms.. and this is where I look at you, Italy.. that country seriously needs to step up in that department. At least in Vernazza, we had an epic view from the balcony.. I loved laying in bed looking out the door and seeing nothing but sky and hearing the waves crashing below. My only real wish was that the weather was nicer, so that we could have spent more time out there. Em and I would hang out there for a little bit right before bed, which was always nice.. windy but nice all the same.

We were booked to see the new X-Men flick on the first Thursday back, but with both of us not really fighting 100% fit, we opted to not go.. which is a bummer coz I really wanna see it on the big screen, maybe tomorrow night? We thought about going last night.. but the lazy got the better of us lol We watched the final episodes of United States of Tara instead. Not overly happy with the very final ending but it is what it is, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. It's been cancelled, which came a shock to little ole me.. for once Emma told me something I did not know about TV! I didn't think I would ever see the day.. lol

Now with this trip well and truly behind us, we are getting started on planning our next Boston trip, just this morning we were looking up bike tours! I'm pretty awesome on a bike! I'm no cyclist tho! And there's this eatery in New York that we also wanna check out.. so it looks like its a New York/Boston trip! I've been starting to feel like I do need to spend a few days in New York again, without the rush factor. I know for one tho, the planning process wont take 2 years. I'm never.. NEVER doing that again. Not even when we move back to Aus, I have an end date (month and year.. Aug2013) that I want to be in Aus by.. but that is all the planning I'm doing until a few months before.. at most. 

Bring on the midsummer long weekend! Potatoes and strawberries here I cometh!

1 comment:

  1. Oh noes! Poor Em! I had a similar experience when I OD'd on nasal spray flying KL-Melb and had to sit with my head upside down to refill my sinuses....clearly we're two of the brighter sparks in the world ;)
    How good is home after so long on the road, btw?!?
    Happy to hear of ED's family assimilation too... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)