Friday 17 June 2011

A Little Douchebaggery.

Our last sightseeing day of the entire trip started off with a quick subway ride.. you can't go somewhere and not use their public transport! It's part of the fun after all! We arrived at the Colosseum and it was at the moment we were entirely grateful that we had pre-bought our tickets, as the whole process was so streamlined for us, it was so so so simple and all done within minutes as we watched the people who still had to buy tickets standing in long lines. Suckers!
 
If you look closely in the above photo, you will see mine and Emma's shadow.. I'm the one with my arm in the air! Hellooooooo! lol
 

We were in and walking around and I was just waiting for Spartacus to jump out and say hello, sadly he did not show. I did see a lady doing tourist shots with a soft toy.. which is something I would totally do and it sorta kinda made me miss EuroDuck. I enjoyed wandering around and it wasn't long before we headed off to check out the Roman Forum..
and by check out I sorta kinda mean get a little lost.. and my a little lost I mean, they didn't have the best signs to tell you how to get the fuck out! Which was a little bit annoying and funny all rolled into one.. but we made it out and that was the main thing.

It was  time for food again.. Em had yet another little awesome place where you could buy stuff by the weight! So we tried a selection of yumminess.. before heading off and exploring some more. We wandered around for a few hours, stopping by to pick up a coffee granita.. which was so yummo! And also gave me a wicked cold headache.. to Emma's great amusement.. and mine too!
Then we swung past the Spanish steps.. where we saw a really cool lizard which we were too slow to take a photo of, those little suckers are fast man! But we snapped this awesome photo of us..
And then decided to head back to the room to have a shower and rest a little before having to meet up with the Aussies again so that we could go out for a final dinner together.. to our surprise they were already in the room, resting themselves. 

Just before we were about to head off to dinner, Emma had another one of her silly moments and thought it was a good time to lock the keys to the padlocks inside the bag again! That's right folks, Emma is losing her marbles! Doing it just once on a 5 week trip wasn't quite enough that she had to go and do it all over again. Well done I say. This time however, I decided that a better option to get into the bag was to go through the end pocket and cut a slit and get the travel wallet out from there.. which meant we can still use the padlock for the trip home. Now I just have to sew up the hole on the inside of the end pocket, which I'm sure I can do with my awesome skillz. The last time she did it was right before dinner too.. interesting!

Dinner was really quite meh, but we didn't really have much to choose from being that it was aimed at the tourists. All the same shit over and over at each place, so we picked a place that we thought would have a view, being it was a rooftop place.. yeah, it was a slight lie. The funniest bit and also the douchiest bit of the evening was when we put 73 euros down for a 63 euro meal, expecting to get a 10 euro note back.. but instead the ass of a waiter gave back 10 euros in coins. I guess he wanted a tip even though we had already paid for service. I watched him put a note in and then remove it after and exchange it for the coins.. so he was totally being a douche. Douchebaggery at its finest! We headed back to the hotel and up to the bar which was on a real rooftop and ordered a couple of cocktails.. with a girl who was a little out of her depth. All us girls ordered clear drinks and Mike being the manly man he is ordered a pink drink.. 
Which was really really amusing.. and also the grossest of the lot! A really good way to end our time together.. sitting around drinking cocktails while playing asshole.. and as per usual, when playing while drinking I totally ace that game! I wasn't the asshole once! And Emma came in second more often than not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)