Wednesday 1 June 2011

Lisbon Rains.

The drive from Porto to Lisbon was pretty uneventful.. apart from the little bit of thunder, lightening very very frightening.. and rain that we drove through. We got to Lisbon in one piece and once we found our guest house, which I was quite happy with.. and they had a pretty awesome breakfast too! Score. 

The hardest part about going to check into the guest house was getting out of the parking garage. That was seriously some complicated shit.We did get out.. and all checked in and then headed off to explore our new surroundings. The sky was blue.. it was warm, there was nothing but goodness ooozing from everywhere. We made our way to the tram stop, making a few little stops along the way to check things out.. once on the tram.. it was soon packed and we rode it.. it was hard to take any decent photos, given the angle we were on.. but here is a little video..

And then... it started to rain! And rain with all its might it did. 

It was not long before we were at the final stop and had to get off and face the wetness.. with no umbrella or even a jacket. As you can imagine.. we got very wet. Georg and Mike headed back to the guest house while Em and I braved the wetlands and went searching for fun stuffs!

It wasn't long after setting off searching for fun stuffs that we saw something that really put a damper on Lisbon for me. A police officer, chasing, kicking and drowning a rat.. with what looked like people cheering around him. WTF is wrong with people. I mean really. fuck.

Anyways, we continued on.. laughing lots at how wet it was and just how much it was coming down.. afterall all you could really do was laugh.. right? We continued walking.. up.. up.. up.. I'm so sick of going up! Up stairs! Up steps! Up hills! But when we got up to the top.. I was glad that I went up.. as this was the view.
At the castle we saw many things.. there were stalls and stuff, but my favourite thing.. other than the view.. was the peacocks. So pretty.
 and a few more shots of us at the castle..




For dinner, we headed off to a place Emma had researched for a feast of Piri Piri chicken  and it was the shit man! THE shit! However, I had a little accident where I got a little up my nose.. dont ask! and eventually the spice made its way all the way up into my eye. Not a fun time. lots of tears and laughter too.. only me! But the meal was yummo! and I'll be sad not to eat it again. Very nice way to end the day.

The next day we all toddled off to do a little more sightseeing stuffs, as you do when you are in such places. Eventually we made it to this thing.. 

and we made our way up.. yes more freaken up! but at least this time we were going up in an elevator! wooop! Once at the top, we took photos.. here is my 360 degree view!
 and of course one of us at the top.. we are rocking! 

We walked down the stairs, hoping to maybe be able to take a few photos along the way but there was no such luck. The windows weren't actually windows and more like vents.. we drowned our sorrows by going to munch on a porteguese tart.. 

Emma and I spent the rest of the day walking around, looking and watching and just enjoying each other's company before heading back to meet up with the Aussies to go out for dinner. Sunday isn't a good day for dinnering in Lisbon, we ended up at bloody Pizza Hut. of. all. places. But it was actually really nice, I was impressed.

Once home, I discovered just how burnt I had actually got. It was not pretty. I had an early night and headed to bed to recover in my lobster state.. before someone tried to sauce and eat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)