Sunday 5 June 2011

Casa Sibarita!

The drive to Valencia was long and 'dry' but Em and I entertained ourselves well in the back with a little thumbsinging.. 

All we needed was Hanky Hanna to complete the thumbsinging round of fun.. she is afterall the queen of thumbsinging! Sadly Em wouldn't dance for me.. no matter how nicely I asked!

We also tried to start a new earphone fashion.. I am not quite sure it will take off but the design is a winner in my eyes.. what ya reckon? 

We arrived in a little tucked away town.. so really we weren't exactly in Valencia, we were about an hour's drive away so we didn't get to see the town as such but we did have a lovely lovely place to stay in the little town called Rafelguaraf. Our hosts were pretty awesome.. and Em and I were put in the Granada room.. which I found amusing seeing as we had just driven from Granada lol but then I am easily amused.

We went for a little walk..

 ..in the rain as it turned out around the place, there wasn't all that much to see so we went back and vegged out on the downstairs couches.. along with playing with a new friend that we had made. 

She was so cuddly and just loved getting loves! If you moved your hand away she would use her paw to try and pull it back and she would also use her paw to position her hand in the correct place for the pat. It was cute and awesome all rolled up into a little package called Izzy! I couldn't get enough, at one point she got so excited that she tried to hump me.. it was more of a playful hump than a dominant hump tho.. it came not long after the owner said that he was shocked that she hadn't tried to hump either of us yet! LOL 

It was the most perfect timing to be in a place that had a dog coz I was starting to miss Nemo terribly.

We had booked in for dinner and when dinner time rolled around we were in.. even more heaven. Em felt like booze, so we got a bottle of vino rosado and tucked into drinking while eating peanuts and olives.. all comfy like on the couch. Bliss.

We moved to the table, where we were served bread and olive oil.. just DeLish! It wasn't long before our wonderful starters arrived. Em had a goats cheese salad with pears and walnuts while I enjoyed chook skewers with the yummiest peanut sauce.. which I also added to the bread.. and had what I called a fancy peanut butter sanga! hahaha I know.. I know.. I'm all class!

Next up.. mains! Em had a vegetarian option, carrot & chickpea tagine.. which was sooo yummy! I got to have a mouthful.. which made me nearly cry with how hot (temperature) it was. To the amusement of the table. I have such a baby mouth. I had the venison and mushrooms, slowly cooked in a red wine sauce. It was moreish! I ate it all.. I prolly would have licked the plate had I been at home. Again.. I know, I am ALL class! I also tried Mike's pork, which was pretty darn DeLish too. Had I not been so full, I think I would have eaten more of his.. but I had to try and save some room for pudd!

What was pudd you ask? For me, it was a cherry cheesecake.. I was ever so happy to hear that it wasn't a baked one so I jumped on that baby! I wanted seconds! Mike was ever so kind and let us girls finish off his. Em had a trio of ice creams.. christmas pudd, forrest berry and mocha.. which were very nice indeed. Especially the mocha, that was my favourite of the three and I suspect Em's too.

By the end of the meal, I felt like I needed to roll myself away from the table and up to bed. One very happy camper I was.

In the morning I was still really full from dinner.. but hungry coz it was morning and breakfast time. The breakfast spread was a good one.. that's the thing I love about this smaller places, they know how to get the food right. After breakfast we were headed off after paying up.. we loved the place so much that we even paid a little extra than what we were meant to. I would love to go back and stay as long there as they have dishes on the menu, just so I could sample everything they offered. And it was such a relaxing place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)