Friday 17 June 2011

Heading Home!

An early start was had and we said our good byes to the Aussies before heading off to 'enjoy' the breakfast on offer at the hotel.. we were going to hang around a bit in the room but it was just pure boring so we figured it would be more fun to just people watch at the airport so off we toddled to catch the train.. the express train too! However, it had to be the slowest train I have ever been on.. it was like pulling teeth.

Once we made it, we made our way to the terminal and stood looking at the board waiting for our counter number to come up.. after a while it did. When went over and set up camp until some stupid lady from another airline said that it was their counter and that we should go and check with information about where the Norwegian counter actually would be.. even though the board said it was meant to be there.. so we headed over to the info desk, they said the same thing as the board so we just took our trolley upstairs and checked out the really boring stores.. we came across maccas, and seeing as I was yet to have maccas on the entire trip, I took my chance! Which gave me a little light entertainment when I got to tell off a douchebag.. I guess I had just had enough of douchebags that this guy kinda copped it for pushing in line.. even though it didn't effect me directly, I just thought it was so rude that the dude who had been standing behind me the entire time I was in line was still standing in line and some other little douchebag had placed his order.. a few words were exchanged and I think I got my point across and the other dude who was actually behind me.. thanked me, I guess for sticking up for him and proving that he was in fact before the douchebag.

We ate and then headed back to the counter, the same counter as before and there was another couple standing in line.. we played some cards on the ground and were all set for the long hall. Time kinda flew and then more and more people came.. then the counter people came and started to set up.. and of course the one line we were in had computer failure! Instead of saying that though, the dude behind the counter was just sitting there reading the newspaper.. which kinda pissed me off. The other counter dude, who had started checking people in decided to let us go in, and then for the first time EVER.. my PR got checked and he questioned what things meant! Even though it makes no sense why he would check those things upon leaving Italy.. surely it should of been something that customs should check when I arrive in Denmark? Not that I have ever had any contact with customs people in Denmark.. which still amazes me.

We were on the plane.. it was hot hot hot and I actually managed to fall asleep before we even took off, not proper asleep but asleep enough to not complain about the heat. The flight was pretty painless in general but its still boring and cramped and then arriving in Copenhagen, it felt like we had to walk 500 miles just to get our luggage! I was grateful that our luggage came out reasonably quickly... maybe that was the point of making us walk so far?

Just one more train and then a quick walk and we would be home sweet home! It was really good to finally be home.. really really good. Emma's parentals were nice enough to have done a little welcome home shopping of a few essentials to tie us over until we could go shopping. Awesomesauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)