Sunday 12 June 2011

Fortified!

After a long and restless night, it was finally time to leave the Jersey Shore marathon behind and board a train to Lucca.

As soon as we arrived.. we headed straight for a bike rental place so that we could cycle around the town on the wall.. sounds pretty tricky right? but it wasn't coz well.. the city walls were built rather thick and strong so it was just like a normal road but higher. We got pretty awesome tandem bikes.. not the typical ones where one sits behind the other.. coz that is so not as good as biking around with a shade cover! You know it! I know it! Tom Jones knows it! Anyways.. these are the bikes we hired...

I quickly discovered that I had no horn so I had to make horn sounds.. but mainly we just let the Aussies be in front coz they had the working horn.. every now and then there was the need for turning on the turbo! Which pushed me backwards hard!
FYI: Turbo just meant that I pushed myself back hard and pulled that awesome face. I'm so cool!
We had loads and loads of fun on the bikes.. I usually do as I love to muck around on bikes.. I'm still in shock that Em allowed me to steer! We even managed to take this awesome photo while the bike was moving! Go us!

After all that fun, we took a little stroll around the quaint little town and headed for an eatery.. where we enjoyed a little wine and pasta.. and EuroDuck tried his hardest to steal our breadage!

After checking in properly, Em and I headed off for an even bigger exploration of the town.. coz you know I haven't walked enough the last few days.. weeks.. .. .. the month! While on the walk we took in the surrounding buildings and the laid back nature this town had to offer. It actually felt like the relaxed Sunday it was. I felt very good indeed. We even came across a little man made stream thingo, where we got to watch the little fishies swimming upstream.. some points along the way it was so low that you could hear them flopping about to get past.. and we could even see it in points.. it was very cool and very interesting..
 

We walked a little more and the next thing I knew we had birds attacking us with boulders! Ok.. so not quite, but heaps of birds flew above us, some closer than others and the next thing I knew I was being pelted with little stones and a few of them really hurt and one in particular really really hurt my arm. Little shits! Of course Em got away with not being pelted.. I was just the lucky one.

We did even more walking around, and then all of a sudden the place was all hustle and bustle and people were all over the place so we ended up picking up a few little tarts before heading back to the room for a shower and a rest. Which seemed to bore Em so much that she thought it was a good chance to take some photos of herself.. this is the outcome.. doesn't she look so alive!?

Soon enough it was time for dinner, so we picked up a pizza and headed to the city wall to sit and enjoy it in the evening sun. 
We had a little entertainment from a little white dog and a little 3 legged dog who were playing chase together and then a little later the white dog came over to say hello.. which made me think of Nemo, not that he would play like that coz he is just a grumpy old man but that he would just be there.. 3 sleeps until I see him again.. unless I have naps of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)