Tuesday 7 June 2011

Dali!

With our time coming to an end in Barcelona, we had managed to get out un-pickpocketed! Score! I was quite surprised at just how much Swedish I heard there.. even the sales dude at Camper spoke Swedish to Emma.. or well us. I wonder if he thought I was Swedish too? lol Emma and I put it down to us missing Swedish so that is what our ears prick up on when we hear spoken words.. and that there are a shitload of Swedes there.

Anyways, it was time to hit the road, we checked out nice and early.. that was of course after I gave Emma a heart attack from my alarm on the phone. Actually it was pretty darn funny.. the alarm went off, much louder than expected.. MUCH! and Emma jumps out of bed and kind of scrambles.. nice way to start the day, but in saying that.. it was the good kick up the bum we needed at 6am to get up and get ready to get on the freaken rooooad!

First stop.. 90mins in was at the Dali museum, which just had me walking around going "this dude is bonkers" It was pretty darn neat tho, and a very nice way to break up a long trip.. here's a few pictures that we took from the little outing..





And of course I couldn't resist taking a photo of a Dali piece.. with the Dali lens and film on the hipstamatic iPhone app...  

Next big stop was with Mike's aunt... for dinner. It was pretty wonderful and once again he has some pretty fab family. They stuffed us full of good food and wine.. and cheese! We left with our bellies full and huge smiles on our faces. Also there was a really awesome puppy that slobbered all over Em and I. It was awesome! Man, I can’t wait to see Nemo again.

Final destination was finally reached at around 10pm, which was a bit of a fail on the planning stages as the only reason we booked this particular hotel was because of the infinity pool.. which of course was closed when we arrived and the next day was yet another VERY early start. It seems like a real waste of a good hotel but I guess this is what happens when you book stuff and then make arrangements after the fact. The car then ends its journey and we take trains from now on until we take our final flight home. There's no place like home.. 

And gosh! No wonder we keep running out of water! EuroDuck is sneaking it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)