Thursday 9 October 2008

New York City!

Up on time.. woohoooo! (only just actually)
We manage to catch the bus that goes 15mins before the bus we were booked on.. sweet! The 4 hours of bussage begins! Emma sat next to me and poor little Hanna ended up sitting next to a boy.. who liked to try and catch flies with his mouth! We arrive in Chinatown.. we were on the china bus(Lucky Star) you see and we were staying in a hotel in Chinatown so it all made sense.. so anyways we arrive and walk I guess in circles for about 30mins and finally find our hotel.. we are hoping to be able to check in early.. and sure enough.. YES! we can! awesome.. drop off our stuffs.. use the facilities and off we go to explore the big bad New York. The weather wasn't so nice.. hot, foggy and a bit rainy.

The smells in new york in general are not much to be desired.. but we walk around and do some sightseeing.. shopping.. all in all just taking in all of what new york has to offer.. including the subway. now that is a horrible hot experience.. you sweat your ass totally off! its so hot and more often than not cramped & pushy, oh and its a tad of the strange stinky side! but it gets you where you need to go quick enough so all is good in the hood.

We are in the park and we come across a couple of lads who are transporting a big fridge and they were far too busy checking out Emma, Hanna and I that they dropped the fridge lol not once but twice! hahah





& here I witnessed that it takes 2 sets of cops to tell a man off about riding his bike taxi thingo.. over staffed perhaps?

Saturday night rolled around after a long day of sights and shopping.. and the second to last stop was the BODIES exhibition.. which was freaken awesome! Emma was grossed out a little but all in all it really was awesome and interesting.. I would love to know just how they managed to do it all.. but then I think maybe I woud get a little grossed out too. Totally glad that I got to see it for myself thats for sure. Especially the hairy anus! hahaha

Over the course of the day i got many comments about my awesome xmen tee.. it was nice.. but yeah it totally IS an awesome tee! "Bub, where I come from thems fighting words!" which is like Emma's most fave thing to say as soon as she sees me wearing the tee lol

After we went to have dinner at UNO's.. which was meh.. it was ok.. I didn't know what to expect so I guess I couldn't really be disappointed as such.. but then again I was tired and sore.. who would of thought that walking the streets of New York would make you tired and sore! lol Dinner was the last stop for the day and we headed to the hotel to catch some shut eye.

And shut eye we did catch.. altho I was awoken by Hanna fumbing around to get back to bed.. which was kinda finny.. and I did sleep right thru emma fumbling around too.. go figure.. considering that she was in bed with me.. I didn't even feel her get in and out! I had the best spot when it came to needing to get up in the middle of the night for a potty break.. and I slept right on thru.. typical really! lol I bet if I had of been on the bed hanna was on.. then I would of needed to get up! coz really thats how it works right?

Anyways.. morning arrived.. Emma and I headed off to the Empire State building.. but sadly.. it was so freaken foggy that there was no point in going up coz we wouldn't have been able to do a damn thing! so we left and went on the hunt to find a dunken donuts for breakfast coffee and bagel.. after too much walking and a very cranky Jo.. we went back to the hotel to grab hanna empty handed.. with Hanna we found a DD.. and all I have to say is they have the shittiest coffee I have EVER had! ick! The New York Bagel was good though.. so it wasn't a total disappointment... not even the pissing down rain stopped me from enjoying my bagel and some of Emma's rather yummy hot choco! lol

Oh yes.. and while at the Empire State building we had this girl who just couldn't take no for an answer and kept talking and trying to talk us into doing something.. which I totally wasn't intrested in.. but yeah even when I had totally turned my back to her(after saying no thanks several times) she just kept on going.. crazy! Why would you? seriously?!

Anyways after breakfast we headed back off into the hot rain and did some more sights and shopping of course.. walked across the brooklyn bridge which was kinda cool.. busy though.. many people on bikes.. many people doing just what we were doing.. and many people on their morning runs.. cool place to run I would say.

After a long long day we jump on the bus and head back to Boston.. this time Emma sits with Hanna and I get stuck next to the passenger from hell! She just wouldn't stop moving.. and she kept rubbing her ass on my side.. and she had a freaken book light AND had the over head light on.. Why do you need both? WHY? She was so bad that she even managed to play footies with Emma.. who was in the seat across the isle from her! She really made the 4 hour trip feel SO much longer!

I was happy as to be able to get off the bus and home we headed.. once we got home it was time to just colapse in a big heap of human flesh and snooze.. I am shocked I didn't keep Emma and Hanna awake with my snoring.. coz I just know it would have been bad with how tired and sore I actually was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)