Thursday 9 October 2008

The arrival!

Arrived all good and well.. but had to wait with what felt like a lifetime for our bags to come through.. which always seems to bethe way for Emma and I. Then we head on through the customs area and we had to hand over the sausage.. poor Hanna misses out on getting some of her fave sausage.. luckily she will be home in a couple of months anyways. The customs dude was a moron.. said that there was good news and that it was that we weren't going to get a fine coz we declared it.. well DUH we knew that you american moron! but at least we know that sausage in a can is fine and sausage in a vacuum pack is not! lol

We walk out the doors and Hanna was there waiting for us.. hello and hugs all around and off we toddled to Friday's after a short detour to drop of bags at homies. Friday's however, wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. *pout* I ordered a Friday's burger.. there was only one Friday's burger on there so I didnt feel the need to say anything more than the Friday's burger.. which has in the discription as having 2 slices of cheese! and when we got the burgers.. they had no cheese. When we questioned this, the server said that we ordered the hamburger and we were like umm NO.. we ordered the Friday's burger and she said that there were two so we had to say which one.. and she gave the impression that it was on the menu.. so I got up the courage and asked the table next door if I could borrow their menu and sure enough there was only one Friday's burger.. so I pulled her up on it and she then finally said.. ok my mistake(not her exact words but I don't really remember.. give me a break its been ages!). I don't like to be made out that I misread things.. when I don't and I don't like to be told I am wrong when I am right.. and I am more often right than wrong. We got our cheese so all was good.. but it wasn't very nice.. I prefer the one we get at Jam Factory in Australia and my drink was NOTHING like the drink that I get in Australia too.. so I was all excited and happy to go to Friday's and it was nothing but a let down. Great start yes? lol Still it was nice to be in an English speaking country!

After dinner we head on home and get all snuggled up in bed and snooze as we have to be up early to catch the bus for a big day.. or well... weekend in New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)