Thursday 9 October 2008

Its all about history.

Monday bloody Monday! Up early.. feeling cheery! Head off with Hanna to work.. or well Hanna goes to work after dropping us off at station to head into Boston but not before stopping at Starbucks to pick up coffee.. which was another little stuff up in the ordering department.. which over the course of my holiday became quite apparent that americans don't understand me! Am I surprised? Nope!

First experience of the peak hour trains in Boston.. packed and stuffy..
just like any other country.. but at least it wasn't a long trip so I didn't get too annoyed. The first thing I see in Boston is a black woman all dressed in white feeding pigeons.

It was pretty cool but crazy at the same time. Then we headed off to the information center to grab city passes and maps.. saw a crazy woman.. I wanted to use the bathroom but she was in there so I didn't bother.. yes I am chicken.. americans are nuts man! and I'm just the humble kiwi. Anyways we got what we needed and headed off to explore Boston.. first stop.. the Skywalk.. we encountered had a touch of trouble with the lifts which made for a good giggle.. but once we were up there and looking out it was pretty amazing. Then we walked around and checked out what Boston has to offer.. walking around we saw that it has many great buildings and is chock full of history. I wont however give you a history lesson.. coz we we know lessons are boring! lol

We did a stack of shopping.. we came home with a whole bunch of stuffs.. it was awesome but so very tiring! lol As the day got late we decided to head off to catch the train so that we could meet up with Hanna on time.. it was just as well that we decided to do this a little early coz as it turned out we arrived just on time.. as you see we waited for over 30mins for train at one station.. then finally emma said.. lets just walk this way and see if we have missed a sign or something.. we walk like 5 steps and see a sign that tells us to take any train to the next station and then grab the train that we want.. so typical! so very funny..


The evening was spent just laxing out at home enjoying some delicious sketti & meatballs that were made by Hanna's friend Lindsey.. who I must say made the bestest Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.. which we enjoyed for morning tea earlier.. so good! I now have the recipe.. so maybe one day I shall try and re-create the goodness! I doubt it though..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)