Saturday 25 May 2013

Umm, Boxed Bacon?!

Today was the day that us three ladies, yes, I said ladies coz only ladies or old people go antiquing! and that was what we had planned for the day.. yes folks, we actually planned this! It wasn't a whim decision! 

We slept in a little, by our standards that is.. not by normal people standards. Emma and I got up and had some breakfast and waited for Hank, who wasn't that far away at all! Impressed! We chin-wagged before setting off on our big antiquing adventure!

First stop! Damons Point. Which was about a 3min drive! We got out, looked around and snapped a few pics. The main reason to come and check this place out was the little bird houses! 
I mean look how awesome they are?! There are so many.. I could just imagine how fun it would be to come and bird watch at the this bird village! 

There were loads of swallows hanging about also, who doesn't love those?! They have a lovely shape to them.

We piled back in the car and set off again, this time for the long haul! We were off to check out antique shops along the Cape and hopefully find a little goat something something! Hank was looking for some funky drawers/cabinet, Emma was looking for lookings sake and I was on the hunt to find something goat related to leave with my very favourite Goats!
We had lovely scenery, the weather wasn't the greatest but we were three ladies on an adventure! We were gonna rock the antiques.. actually, it amused me at how as soon as you enter an antique store, your whole being instantly goes into a quiet, careful mode! Almost like you are in a library, we crept around, I say crept coz that is what it honestly felt like.. we were being ninjas in them stores!

Antiquing is hungry work so we stopped by a little eatery and grabbed a bite. It was called the Bee Hive Tavern, which we thought was kinda cool given there is the Beehive in Wellington, NZ and you know, I am from NZ! Leap? Naaaa! Inside they had loads of actual beehives, without the actual bees.. I presumed! We made it out alive so I am guessing I was right! Let's face it, when am I am wrong?!

A couple of funny moments from the adventure where when we did a drive by past a couple of kids having their own little yard.. I guess maybe a side of the road sale. It was very amusing to slowly drive past taking a gander but when we saw nothing of interest, we just drove off! Who wants to get out of the car if you don't have to right?! I mean they didn't even have a goat!

We were in one shop and Hank had found a pretty funky chair, she sat on it.. no problems, found it rather comfy and went.. here, you try it! So I did! and as soon as I sat down, something dug into me.. hard! It hurt and I shot up, thinking perhaps I had just sat back too far in it and it was the spring or something.. but no! upon inspection, we discover that it was a mighty long strong PIN! I had been stabbed in the back by a massive pin! Not cool. The chair was not purchased. It was evil. Clearly.

Another was when we saw the antiques sign and drove into the drive/parking area, and just as we did I read the sign a little betterer and saw that it was for linens and lace! Now I know I said we were ladies, but we were not linen and lace ladies! So.. you guessed it, we just drove on out again! Not stopping required! Nice save from the quiet girl in the back! Here's a few snaps from the day.. [link]

As we went from one place to another, I was starting to feel a little sad.. sad because, it seems no one loved goats! Or perhaps, everyone loved goats then and NOW and is just keeping them all to themselves! Heck, we even saw a huge pink flamingo! Which had no legs.. until you walked more into the store and then you found the legs.. which amused me greatly. Yes, I am easily amused. With the day being a bust, purchase wise, not fun wise.. coz us ladies had fun! We started the drive home, with a quick pitstop on the way by the supermarket, which took longer than it should have, but by this point Hank was well aware before entering that it would take a while.. wait until you have kids, Hank! Just you wait! It was on this visit that I saw something that completely blew my mind.. not in a good way! I give you...
Yes, that is indeed.. precooked and boxed bacon. 
That is all kinds of wrong. I just don't understand how there would even be a market for such a product. I know I like to try things, but I draw the line at precooked, boxed bacon. Burger in a can, yes! Cheese in a can, yes! Cooked boxed bacon, no. 

And now, a little off topic.. after reading the can post! I am wondering why we didn't see the trashy Swedish plate we gave the Goats, displayed anywhere in their humble abode! That shit better be rectified! Rec-Ti-fied! Coz that trashy Swedish plate is all kinds of epic! Along with it being a first wedding gifto! bahahahaha

Back on point and back home, dinner was to be had with Bill's sister, Tina. We had tacos and this is where Bill showed me something so epicly awesome I thought I had died and gone to heaven! You put a hard taco shell INSIDE a soft taco and then you nom that shizz up, un-awkwardly! Bonus is, you don't cut your mouth on the hard taco at all either, coz the soft taco cushions it. I will never eat tacos the same again, this will always be the way I have them. Forget the taco trays that I love, move over for the double taco! Cover all them bases! I think tacos need to be in the menu one of these weeks.

After dinner, Hank showed her housewife poweress and had made a very delicious bread pudding! It was wickedly sweet but so wickedly good! We coupled it with some ice creams. 

Then we ladies sat at the table all night and chin-wagged while the only man in the house took to the couch and joined in here and there. What a fantastic last night, I couldn't have asked for a better night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)