Thursday 23 May 2013

Beer!

A holiday cannot be a holiday without beer! Especially morning beer! Right?!

First up, was the ride along with Hank.. then the sardine commute and we made our way out to MIT for a lookie-lu around the campus. It is a very cold sort of campus, I guess that is what nerds need tho, right? It was nice to walk around without all the students there.. I guess we looked like we fit in coz we even got asked for directions! Yeah, I look smart enough to go to MIT!

This is what graffiti looks like in nerdville..


Moving on and as you can see the weather isn't the nicest today, it seems we spent the nice days resting, getting tattooed and recovering!!  Dang nabbit! We drowned our sorrows with a couple of 'healthy' chocolate bars.. Unjunked!
We tried the Unjunked versions of Milky Way and Snickers and to be honest, they were pretty damn good and if I could buy them here in Sweden I would definitely opt to buy them over the 'real' deal.

We started making our way over to the Samual Adams brewery for our morning boozy tour! The first one was at 10, so we rocked up a little before, showed ID and then took a seat and waited.. turned out the first one wasn't until 10:15am so we waited a little longer. 

It was pretty cool, for a free tour.. or well by free I mean you give at least a $2 donation which actually gets donated rather than to cover costs of the tour. I thought that was pretty cool. We set off into a small room that had several types of malt, which we got to try.. I took too many to start with so put them in my pocket, which was quite handy coz I got to munch along as it happened and then after we left.. I was a little sad when they were all gone. They are quite tasty!
and also some hops.. which we did not try but Emma rubbed one in the palm of her hand to release the aroma.. I didn't do that, I just sniffed Emma's hand, coz you know.. why dirty two sets, right?

Then we moved on and checked out where they brew, this brewery is more development and they brew beer for a select few clients who have been with them from the start. 

Next stop was the tasting room, where we got to try 3 different types.. one of them being a beer that is not yet for sale! This is what our $2 donation got us, a little chat about the history of the brewery, how to taste it and 3 types of beer. 1. Boston Lager. 2. Summer Ale. 3. Extra Special Bitter and a souvenir glass.

There was also speak of the Samuel Adams specially designed beer glass.. which we purchased for one of Emma's friends, along with a special bottle of beer, that you can't buy in Sweden. It seems the right thing to do for a guy who brews and has given me a taste of his own.

Oh, and I would like to say.. yes Emma drank a little beer. Not a lot, but some. So I wasn't exactly drinking alone.. but I was finishing off her glasses! Noms!

Once it was all over, we left with a little happy haze over us and happily plodded along and walked around until we ended up shopping! Yes.. shopping! dang nabbit! I have been duped! Get a few beers in me and apparently not only am I anyones.. but I am also shopping! Mind you.. I did have to laugh at the fact that we stumbled across some made in NZ containers.. so you know.. we just had to snap some of that up! 

Made in New Zealand, Purchased in USA, found a home in Sweden. Hows that for a carbon footprint?!

We met up with Hank, it was pissing down by this stage and we headed home for some pizza! Delicious pizza! Pizza that isn't missing anything! A chilled evening in of shits and giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)