Saturday 25 May 2013

Turkey Ending!

Our last day, we were all packed up and ready to go.. we had actually pre-packed yesterday coz Emma was a little worried we were over-weight already and the plan for the day was.. wait for it... more bloody shopping! We were heading out to West Elm.. I am not overly sure why, coz we definitely didn't have enough weight left for a couch! or something else along those lines! Hank however, did find a lovely little couch for her massive bedroom.. did she go back and buy it? Who knows! Probably not, better things show up all the time! Especially in the land of everything!

We headed out early for brunch at The Mug, which was probably not the smartest of moves looking back on it.. given that it was Mother's Day and every Tom, Dick, Harry and their Mom was also out! We only had about a 20min wait before we got seated. It was a funky place, good food, great prices, but very noisy... probably all those bloody moms!

Let's back up a little tho, before leaving the house.. Emma mentions to me in passing if I was sad that I hadn't seen turkeys again and that I had given up the one time they were around to just lounge in bed! I was all like naa, not at all! I am quite content, after all there was still time.. we were not leaving until tonight! We put it out of our minds, went about the morning and then piled in the car and drove away.. as we were driving we spot.. wait for it.. wait for it.... TURKEYS! Not any old turkeys, but turkeys doing the ooosexy dance! Feathers all up and pretty! It was awesome, we turned around in the car and drove back to get a closer look! It was all kinds of awesome, and I had finally got to see turkeys! Take that Emma!

We continued on to West Elm, looked around.. bought some stuff and then headed over to a burger joint to meet up with Tess for a chin-wag before having to head back to finalise the trip. It was all coming to a swift end! The last day always seems to fly by when you don't want it to.. or drag when you want things to hurry up!

Once back at the Goats, we enjoyed some time in the sun and pollen, bags packed and I put on my new Keen slipper shoes! Which I had purchased from REI, especially for the plane trip! I didn't want to have to aggravate my ankle again by having to take off and put on shoes. I was a little annoyed about the service when buying the shoes.. it went a little something like this.. I walked in, went straight for the shoes, found the most awesome Keen shoe slippers ever, asked for them in my size, tried to get talked into signing up as a member to get 10% back on all purchases for the year, even tho I had said I lived in Sweden and don't shop there often at all. It was pretty frustrating. Headed to go and pay for them, where at the counter I once again got the long winded spiel about how I should become a member.. I wanted to say fuck it and fuck your shoes and walk out, but I really wanted my awesome slipper shoes for the plane! I mean, look at how awesome they are?! [link] Cushiony comfy goodness! perfect to long plane rides and walking through airports.. and short walks outside too, actually you could wear them outside more.. but I think that would just ruin them.

The wait at the airport wasn't too bad, I was saddened to discover that our usual seats had been moved! It was the perfect spot to people watch AND it was right by the gate we always leave from so we wouldn't have to get up until it was time to walk on the plane. We were slightly amused that you could buy an iPad mini from a vending machine there.. we were tempted but then you'd have to be stupid to buy a new apple product now when they will probably released something in the summer that's newer/better.

 As we checked in, we asked the lady behind the counter about the express passes that we used to get and she told me to ask onboard with the crew, which I thought was strange but you know, they should know.. right? So once onboard, and already kinda pissy that in front of me I happen to have the rudest wanker around, people are trying to get into seats and he is already reclined! Seriously wtf?! I hate people who recline so bloody much. I wish airlines would just take the bloody option away and people who want to recline can pay more up in the business or first class. Perhaps airlines could start up a whole new section and offer seats that don't recline at the front, just a few rows, then people who don't recline and don't like to get reclined on wont have to have an already uncomfortable flight ruined. Anyways, so I get on, settled and then head off to ask one of the ladies about the express pass when we land and she was all like, there is no such thing, that lady just wanted to fob you off. It pissed me off, coz I have had the express passes on two trips, 4 flights and now this bitch is telling me there is no such thing? Fuck you British Airways, I want the lady we had on the first flight who actually had people skills. Anyways, she then fobbed me off and told me to ask any of the ground staff once we exit the plane.. which we did, he then fobbed us off and said that someone would be waiting for us once we turn the corner and if no one was there, just follow the purple signs. I already knew the second he opened his mouth that I was going to get nothing but bullshit. I had had enough of BA staff at this point, and the stupid hostess who once again didn't want to wake a guy up to move his seat. Why is it that a sleeping passenger gets preferential treatment? I understand that I fly cattle class, with the majority of the others.. I have a small amount of room like the others, but why should my already small space be made even smaller by the fact that the dickhead in front of me doesn't understand that by them moving back, I will end up with the back of a seat 7cm from their face. Does no one in this world have respect or even courtesy anymore? To make matters worse, my seat was broken and gradually reclined itself! So I had to keep reclining it up or I too would be one of those frakkin asses I hate. Gah! It was a pretty shitty flight and the staff was shitty too. Even Emma got some attitude when her veg meal came and they had to wake the person in front to move her seat so that you could actually eat.. should that not be common practice? It was the stupid ass who fobbed me off earlier and acted like we were putting HER out. Ummm, excuse me, you are paid to make sure our flight is comfortable and no fights break out coz passengers are rude and selfish. I think we might just try a different airline next time, the level of service of this flight experience was not to be desired at all. We got better service when I actually had a glass of wine spilt all over me.. maybe I should have just done that again? Altho, it doesn't get you anything but more ass-kissing.

This time around, our luggage made it through and we were off to catch a train and then having to lug the bags upstairs ourselves.. the joys of travel! We were definitely happy to be home. Nemo was happy we were home also, moreso for Emma than myself.. but that is just how he rolls. He was nicer to me than usual tho, so that's an improvement, right? Unpacked swiftly, went and did some groceries and then it was business as usual.. like we were never on holiday. Until our next holiday.. whenever, wherever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)