Friday 24 May 2013

Contagious Curse!

Once again we were tagging along with Hank, part of her routine is to call into the Starbucks drive-thru which I have previously mentioned. Yesterday morning we discovered that it is just enough that I am in the car for orders to be wrong.. but yesterday there wasn't much of a delay.. coz let's face, Hank orders a pretty swift coffee by coffee standards and even when they do screw it up there shouldn't be a big deal about correcting it. Yesterday we put it down to just a little back luck.. but on this lovely Friday morning, we truly did discover that I am just bad luck.

Hank rocks up to the window and orders her Venti Black Bold and then we wait our turn for the collection window.. as they go to give you your drink they of course confirm what you ordered, I can't remember what they said it was but it was not a Venti Black Bold so Hank said, No, and told them what she ordered again.. to which the young dude responds.. something about an iced tea latte, which is nothing like a strong black coffee! It was pretty darn hilarious, and frankly I have to wonder why they tried another drink after Hank had said her order.. after the tea, Hank was all like.. nope, still a Venti Black Bold! We were all chuckling hard in the car, she ended up getting her coffee free along with a voucher for a free coffee.. so it wasn't a complete loss for her even if it did take like 10 or so minutes to get a single coffee.

Also, I'd like to note that we opted to not order coffee ourselves so that there wouldn't be a hassle. Turns out, we could have ordered and nothing would have gone differently! LOL It was no bother tho, coz our plan was to go sit in a Starbucks in Boston and people watch for a bit before properly starting our day.

After the sardine part of the journey, we casually walked through Boston Common enjoying the quite stellar morning before heading over to Starbucks to park our tushies down and have a coffee with a side of wifi.. we sat there for a while before deciding that what this Friday morning needed was a movie. We did want to see Ironman 3 but we had semi locked in plans to maybe go to the movies in the evening, and that would be the best choice for that so we picked a movie based solely on who was in it. We settled in to watch Disconnect. Turned out to be not a bad movie at all.. reading the write up afterwards I know that it is not a movie I would have picked based on that so I am glad I went in totally blind, sometimes that's best... right? I am however slightly amused that we pick the day that has the nicest weather to decide to catch a flick.. but hey, it's all good.. we are just taking this shizz easy! I went to go and get a slushy for the movie and was really sad when the machine only had poo flavours! Orange and white cherry! blergh! 

It was lunch time! The lunch plan was to hit up a food truck! Grilled cheese! Noms! I partook in a 'Mighty Rib', which was fontina, braised short rib & caramelised onion.. all around deliciousness! While Emma had a 'Rookie Melt', which was cheddar & tomato.. which was also all around deliciousness! I have to say.. Roxy's Grilled Cheese is just noms! I wanted to try them all.. but you know.. the tummy can only hold so much. We also shared a homemade spiced strawberry lemonade.. which was actually really frakkin good.

After lunch we enjoyed some more park time and went and snapped a photo of the ducks.. coz I just loves me some ducks! How can you not?! Ducks are awesome!

It was time for more indoor activities and so we made our way over to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum to take in a little culture. The garden there was pretty epic, I would have loved to have one for myself. Overall, it was a large space full of stuff (oh yeah! I sound so cultured, right?!), but it also seemed that there were quite a few missing pieces.. it was an enjoyable afternoon, it's been a while since we took in a museum of some kind but the slowness of being in one is not the best for my ankle.. yep, still giving me shit! I sat down where I could and left Emma to do her thing, I didn't want her to feel like I was rushing her. Emma purchased a book from the store on the way out.. she's such a sucker! lol

Next stop before meeting up with Hank, we had a little time to kill so we decided cannoli was the way to go! We had already tried Mike's Pastry so this time we were going just a few doors down to Modern Pastry! When we arrived, the line was out the door.. only just! but it still took like 30mins for Emma to grab 2 cannolis! Which meant, we had to high-tail it to catch the sardine tin to make it to Hanks work in time.. we only just made it! Well, it wouldn't have mattered, Hank wouldn't have left us... errr, we think! We hope! We all met up outside the building of Billy & Hanky Goat, Em and I finally got to eat our now a little warm cannolis and decided on where to go for dinner.. it was decided that we would hit up a seafood joint out Nantasket way. After dinner we walked over to the beach and gazed out for a little bit before heading home.. I think it was another hockey night. I don't think I will ever get that sport. Another day bites the dust, only 2 more days to go before our holiday comes to an end.. sometimes I wish holidays could last forever.. but then again, I would miss Nemo far too much.. as much as the little shit pisses me off, I always miss him when we are away.. however, right at this very moment he just walked into the room, farted and walked out. Little shit! But, that's my Nemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)