Monday 20 May 2013

Sunday Shopping!

This is our home for the next week.. 
Billy & Hanky Goat even have a John Deere ride-on to keep those grounds in order! For the size of their property, I think it is a must! Although, imagine the great punishment it would be for their kids to have to mow it with a hand mower! Something to think about!

One of the reasons we came over when we did was to check out their new digs, and I must say.. I am a fan of their new digs! The New England shingle style is pretty frakkin epic. Me likes! Their house is large and easy to get lost, but find your way again and there are deathly stairs.. which I honestly thought I was going to tumble down, but I think this is where having a bung ankle served me well coz I couldn't do anything but take the stairs ever so slowly and carefully. I survived the entire week without a single tumble!

It was our first Sunday morning, Emma and I were up early.. not as early as the New York mornings but still pretty early. We tried to be as quiet as possible so that we wouldn't wake the Goats. It was nice to just have a slow start to the day.. we were heading off to go a spot of shopping at the Wrentham. Not really my ideal kinda of day but I thought it would be a good plan to get the shopping part of the holiday over with early in the trip so I agreed.. Sunday shopping was in order!

First however, before leaving the house, chicken need to be marinated! Which is when something so damn hilarious happened! You see, the marinade called for jalapeños and Hank had some of course, but they were exact or something and they were large, we weren't sure of their heat and Emma being awesome was the guinea pig and so I cut off a tad and she ate it.. it had no flavour.. no heat.. no nothing! oh nos! not good! I decided I would soldier on and hope for the best, I diced it real real fine and felt a little tingle and thought hmmm.. so put a very tiny piece in my mouth and sure enough there was heat! Hurrah! But to get a second opinion I asked Emma to try it too.. she however, thinking about the previous no heat part just grabbed a good amount of the finely diced heat and whacked it in her gob! and then agreed, yes.. there definitely was heat! So much heat that little Emma bounced around and required a little milk to cool down that mouth! That my friends, is definitely the best way to start the day! Right?! With our chook marinating, guacamole and salsa made, it was time to skedaddle!

Soon enough we were there and it wasn't long before we had bags but in saying that, Emma didn't spend nearly as much as I thought she would.. or take as long in each store as I thought she would.. Hank, however.. she was the slow poke! At one store I swear they had no changing rooms at all so she must have offered to build them all from scratch.. coz it took that damn long! I can't actually say for sure, coz I was waiting outside, sitting on a bench.. people watching and just waiting. At one point I actually thought maybe I had missed them coming out or something.. coz seriously! it took that long! It was never confirmed if Hank did actually build changing rooms or not.. I am going with she did! Hank can do anything!

On our way home from shopping we called into the supermarket.. now that is a place I always get excited for! Supermarkets in any country are quite fun! Hank was kind enough to put up with us wanting to go down every aisle.. well really what choice did she have.. she wanted to be graced with our presence! I can't blame her.. we are pretty awesome! Plus, we had to get supplies.. supplies are always a must. 

It was pretty soon into the supermarket that I discovered this..
..it left me going WTF!? Are people seriously that bad? lazy? stupid? to buy packaged, de-stoned avocados. I mean, really? REALLY?! How hard is it? Ok, yes I know I have a lovely scar on my hand from when I took on an avocado and lost but still! I wouldn't. I couldn't. You shouldn't.

After a long day of shopping, we were in for a lovely evening relaxing with a home cooked meal of chicken tacos! Hank was showing off her mighty impressive kitchen and knife skills.. we also couldn't help but giggle that the recipe she had printed for guacamole, made no mention of a key ingredient.. avocado! And no, we did not use packaged avocados.. I conquered them with no injury to myself!

Dinner was delicious, we had a chilled evening in.. which is needed after spending all day walking slowly at a shopping centre! And it seems that the pollen in the area was really getting to us, we were feeling a little heavy headed.. so an easy night was a good idea all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)