Monday 20 May 2013

On Yer Bike!

We awoke.. early as you might imagine, feeling even more clogged and heavy headed. However, we had nothing scheduled for the day but to hang around the area and go for a bike ride. We relaxed around the house for the morning before getting off our backsides and actually going for a ride.. the plan was to head down to a little cafe, have a coffee, check out the beach. 
 
We rode out and about.. checking out the area, down at the beach we were starting to feel wonderful.. that fresh breeze was doing wonders. We enjoyed a coffee and cake at the cafe before heading back to the house.. this is where Emma met a goose. Well actually, we met a couple of them on the way out, who had babies.. but on the way back.. on the other side of the road she met a goose that had a death wish and that wish involved bicycles! There was a car, it stayed still.. however, as Emma biked up it freaked out and ran out right in front of her! I got more of a fright from the screech of her brakes than the noise and flapping of the goose! I was laughing so hard that I was biking a little all over the place.. luckily no car came or I would have been a goose with a death wish! Oh, the hilarity!

We didn't really reflect on the hill to Billy & Hanky Goat's place until we had to bike UP it! Damn hills are killers.. why can't everywhere be flat for just when I am biking on it? why?! We made it home, and made some left over tacos for lunch and it was just as delicious the next day as it was the night before.. I could eat that yummy every damn day! or well.. not really, it was a little spicy and you know what happens when you eat too much spicy.... ....... ........o_O

We watch some tv and on the damn news they say how Boston currently has the worst amount of pollen in years. No wonder we are all clogged and finding it difficult to breathe! I end up getting so bad that I pass out on the couch and Emma thinks that the best thing to do is go and sit on the door step and watch the neighbours and allow that pollen direct access into her system! Don't mean to be all dramatic and stuff but it felt like I was going to die! to. die! Ok, not really.. or maybe a little bit.. but it was terrible! Hank, the lifesaver came home and gave Emma her last Claritin.. I suffered in silence.. actually who am I kidding, there was no way I could be silent with all the sniffing and nose blowing! 

We headed out with Hank to check out the lighthouse, which I got scratched up by a bastard cat.. that was all like love me, love me, love me.. no I hate you! bite! scratch! and then all love me again when we were leaving. Seriously cats are evil little shits. Cute but evil.

We took a few snaps out by the lighthouse..

We headed off to the little town, so we could go and stock up on some Claritin of our own and on our way there.. Emma scooted across the road to snap a picture of a bird! And she snapped a awesome shot of a birdy taking off, before bouncing happily like a kid in a candy store back over the road all proud and excited like! 
It is a pretty good shot! And it wasn't even taken with a fancy DSLR, you see, you don't need big DLSR's these days.. you just have to know how to take a decent photo. There are so many people walking around with big fancy cameras who just have them set to auto.. what is the point? Personally, I think auto shouldn't be a function on these big cameras and that would stop stupid people.. but then again, its the stupid people who make the money for the companies buying things that they don't require.

Anyways, home was near and we headed there for another chilled night. Resting up large for tomorrow was a big day.. it is the day I am booked in for the addition to my NZ themed sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)