Friday 17 May 2013

Sub on a Sub!

Once again with full bellehs, we headed off to our next destination! Which was to visit the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum! The saddest part of that is the space shuttle that has actually been in space was closed off to the public! So, I didn't get to be very close to it at all. Space. I love space. Another sad moment happened within minutes of arriving.. I discovered that it would be far too difficult to get through the 'doorways' of a sub. There is no way in hell I would have been able to put all my weight on my ankle, which had been getting slightly worse with each passing day of walking, and shuffle a little to get through the holes safely.. so I had to sit that one out while Emma went through and snapped some shots.
Sub on a sub!

What felt like for-damn-ever outside in the sun waiting for Emma, she finally emerged all smiles and we headed off to the coolness of inside to check out many awesome things..

Emma.. the medivac pilot!
She actually donked her head so hard getting out..
that I thought she might need to get airlifted outta there!
(not really, but she did donk it hard)




Concorde!

Scale Lego Model FTW!

When all was over, it was time to track down some macarons from Ladurée.. which is when Emma witnessed the first and only bit of stardom we had.. Liza Minnelli walked right past us.. we nearly even brushed shoulders! I think if we had of, Emma might have dropped dead.

With macarons purchased it was time to make our way back to the room for a well needed rest and a break to put my ankle up.. we stopped by Dunkin' Donuts to grab an iced tea, not to drink but for the ice factor.. but to not be so wasteful, I also drunk it. We had tried to purchase one of those instant cold packs to no avail. Back in the room, I put my ankle up and iced it for about 20mins.. rested for maybe a couple of hours before taking off again so roam the streets and grab some dinner.. and because Shake Shack was so damn good, I needed to experience it again! This time I grabbed a combo of a meat burger and a veg burger and my friends.. it was all kinds of EPIC! We got to eat in store this time too.. we just had to share the table with a couple of kids.. I swear they had to be only about 10. I guess that is the joy of communal tables lol
Yeah, we got cheese fries with that. So what!

Back at the hotel we finally got stuck in to munching on the macarons, which I will say right now.. they were not as nice as any of the Pierre Hermé ones we have tried. These ones had a weird texture and were much eggier tasting than I would have liked. It is a reason why I have never really liked macarons, I can taste that eggy taste you get.. same deal with meringues, and with pavlova as well. Anyways, see this post for pictures.. [link]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)