Monday 2 June 2008

& so it is..

And so begins another month.. the 6th month actually.. only another 6 months and it will be another year gone. It really is just pure crazy how fast time seems to go on by. I remember back in the days of when I was at school, it all just seemed to drag on and on and ON! Now you blink and it seems that months go by and I feel more and more boring in my old(ish) age!

I must admit I felt kinda old yesterday, I was feeling the effect of the LOST walk. I was a little bit tight and achey.. especially in my back.. but all is good, I am feeling less tight today, mainly once I finished my morning bike. Nemo came in from the morning walk and went straight back to bed.. the lazy bones! and has only got up to eat since. Plus it is Monday and Nemo is always sad on a Monday coz his MummyEmma isn't there for him. The sad sack!

The weekend was beautiful, such wonderful weather. We went for the nice long walk as you already know if you read the LOST post.. and we had alook around town, it was slightly packed as there was a music festival happening along with some american car cruise. I tell ya there were many rather nice cars and MANY really shit ones that made you stop and think? Couldn't you have at least given it a paint job so it didn't look so shit? and then lets not get started on the noise and fumes.. and of course the annoying horns and the yelling coz everyone was so drunk. It went on for hours and I mean HOURS! I think at around 10pm when Emma and I took ourselves off to bed they were still going.. it was crazy! Personally I don't see the point in driving around for hours on end, but maybe I am looking at it from the wrong direction.. but yeah I can understand maybe doing a few laps.. 4 is a good number.. but many hours? come on!! It was pretty neat to be standing on our balcony and watching some of the rather nice cars drive on by.. there were a few REALLY funky ones. The older cars really do look classy.

I also did a little baking on the weekend.. I made some Quinoa muffins for Emma, coz I thought they might be a little healthier for her to eat in the mornings than the strawberry and chocolate muffins I usually make.. but I don't think she much liked them.. they are a bit weird.. maybe if there are any left in 3 weeks I will actually try one. They were interesting to make though, they smelt very sweet but I think that was more the vanilla essence and wow is it hard to buy vanilla essence here.. I have to buy a little sachet of it coz they don't have them in bottles, maybe when we are in Boston I will remember to pick up a bottle. Umm I also made a coffee cake, which didn't turn out anything like the picture, but it seems that every time I make someone from a swedish recipe it never quite turns out right. Emma's family enjoyed it but Emma was the critic once again and didn't like it very much coz it was too dense. I think if I was to ever make it again I wont use raw sugar, coz it just doesn't cream well with butter and I think that made it too heavy and maybe use a lighter flour? But then again I might not ever make it again.. as it was all strange.. the icing was way too runny.. I tipped half of it out and then added some extra icing sugar to try and stiffen it up.. it worked some but it looked nothing like the pic. I need to have a baking weekend where I just bake and bake and bake.. coz I am really getting this urge to do it.. baking is fun! Maybe oneday I will be able to afford one of those spunky KitchenAid Stand mixers! Like this one!! Cooking however is not something I enjoy.

We didn't do much yesterday, just hung out at home and spent a few hours at the parentals, my cooking services were put to use. Their pool was at like 30deg and of course I did not go in.. Me+Swimming=BadMix! LOL I'm much better in the kitchen!

So it appears we have new neighbours who we share a wall with and well they are noisy as all shit.. since they moved in they have been noisy noisy noisy! We have let it go but Friday night just totally took the cake, they had the music so loud it was like we were playing it ourselves in our own place. Emma called the agent but they didn't have any security for this area.. UMMM hello?? WTF is our rent meant to cover? They told us to call the police and complain.. and it was like.. yeah right like the police are going to do anything with a music festival happening and all that! Morons! and plus its hard enough to get the cops to deal with serious crimes! So Emma emailed a complaint to the office and hopefully they will have words with the morons today or this week at least.. I wont hold my breath! Then after sending the email she got the hammer and banged on the wall until they lowered the music.. I didn't actually think it would work but it did and then I guess they went elsewhere coz there was no sound at all. I just don't get why people find it so hard to be considerate of others? Do they seriously think that they are the only ones that matter? If you are gonna play music that loud then go and live in a house in the middle of nowhere, where you have to walk 5-10mins down the road to get to a neighbour! Consideration costs nothing! Seriously... Is it really that hard?

Jackie Kennedy - "A camel makes an elephant feel like a jet plane."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)