Wednesday 17 December 2008

Witnessed Stupidity

Nemo and I had just started out on our lunch time walk when we were confronted with what had to be one.. or well several of the stupidiest things I have ever seen.. done by one woman and her car.

Now the first thing that this woman did that drew my attention in her direction was... *drum role* She drove the wrong way down a one way road!! Now it takes a special sorta someone to do such a thing yes.. and it turned out she was an EXTRA special sorta someone coz just as she finished driving the wrong way.. she drove out into the middle of the road and then just paused!

Yes.. this special woman just paused! So as she is standing in the middle of the road.. about 30 seconds later a bus starts coming towards her.... and what on earth do you think she did?

If you think she actually all of a sudden got some smarts and quickly and easily drove off and got out of the way of the oncoming bus then you would be totally incorrect. What she actually did was stay still and I guess contemplate a little longer on what the right thing to do would be and the thing she came up with was.. REVERSE!! in the middle of the street and move over to the wrong side and continue reversing.. at least she moved over eventually enough for the bus to actually be able to pass and of course once the bus passed.. this special woman went back to just standing.. but at least now she is on the correct side of the road.. she is just failing to actually drive anywhere when a car comes up behind her and she just stays still.. I guess contemplating? after about 30 seconds the other car honks rather loudly.

Which I guess finally snapped this woman out of her daze of stupidity coz then she started driving.. slowly forward.. in the correct direction on the correct side of the road and then she turned into the one way road which she came out of previously.. I shake my head and continue on my merry way thinking that the stupidity is all over and done with.

I however.. was wrong.. I look over and there is this woman in her car.. trying with all her might to park her car in between 2 cars.. the space she is trying to park in is clearly NOT large enough to fit her car at all.. but she keeps trying.. and trying.. and trying some more before she finally gave up coz her towbar hits the car at the back. I am so gobsmacked by this point I just don't know what to think and then I see her drive like 2 meters and park easily in a spot that is large enough.. which I might add had been there the WHOLE time!

So that my friends is the witnessed stupidity of the day and totally made me wish I had taken my phone at least so I could capture a picture of this woman.. coz I think the world needs to beware!! When I come across people like that I often think to myself.. "How on earth have you been able to survive in this world for this long?" People like that make me look perfect and sane!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)