Tuesday 16 December 2008

The Earthquake & I

So there I was.. sitting at the computer after just stepping in the door from walking Nems.. loading a few pages and getting my morning started.. when I feel the apartment shake.. shake and shake some more. Nemo springs up from the rug and comes over to me. I head over and look out the windows to see what on earth could be causing this shaking.. coz I was under the opinion that earthquakes and Sweden don't play together. Anyways I couldn't see anything and the shaking only lasted about 10 seconds and nothing broke.. it wasn't that kinda shake.. just a little rumble.. being from NZ I have had much more fun earthquakes.

After the rumbling.. Nemo seemed a little worries and was running in and out of all the rooms.. I guess trying to work out what the freak was going on.. and he really isn't the brightest of dogs.. afterall this is a dog who will look at me when Emma speaks to him.. even though we speak different languages to him! but anyways.. Nems is doing his room checks and I try to call Emma.. to no avail coz she has poo reception.

Now before you start thinking that I called Emma coz I was freaking out.. I wasn't! I was just totally confuzzled coz like I said I was under the impression earthquakes and Sweden don't play together.. anyways Emma called me back about 5 minutes later when she had better reception and said that when she got to work she would check out what happened and then get back to me.. meanwhile Nems is STILL running in and out of all the rooms.. STILL wondering what the freak is going on lol

So the outcome of the earthquake was 4.7 and it took so many people by surprise that some people were all ready to tell their neighbours off.. according to some of the comments.. that are in Swedish so Emma told me that one.

Officially my first earthquake in Sweden.
Sweden sure pulls out all the stops for little ole Jo!

Nems Update: He has stopped running in and out of rooms and is currently snoozing under the desk right next to me with his paw on my foot. It is rather warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)