Tuesday 23 December 2008

The Sandwich Cake & Nemo

Today Emma and I made a Sandwich Cake for my birthday tomorrow.. it is a long process but totally worth it.. as it is the yummiest ever. It was the first thing I ever ate upon arriving in Sweden and it is still my most favourite thing to eat in Sweden. I must say.. knowing it is in my fridge.. is pure torture! I just want to eat it now.. but I also know that tomorrow it will taste even betterer.. its always better after you have let it flavour a little.. like just about everything.. it always tastes better the next day.. with the exception to an open bottle of beer.. now that is totally not cool the next day.

Anyways.. so Emma and I had just finished slaving over it and was getting ready to wrap it up and stick it in the fridge.. Nemo was sitting on the chair at the table.. he usually behaves.. but it seems today was the exception. I didn't see it all unfold.. but I was there for the aftermath and witnessing the steps of discovery..

First up.. Emma tells Nemo off for licking the side of it. I did not witness that but I heard the telling off.. which drew my attention to the situation.

Next.. came the discovery of the gap to which I with a puzzled look on my face and tone in my voice.. "was there meant to be a bit of cucumber there?" to which Emma responded with a big laugh of yes there was.. lots of laughter continued.. & for a moment there I thought Emma might actually pee pee her pants.. but she didn't coz she is a grown up!

Next.. came the discovery of the little nip mark that Nemo must have left when he took a nibble out of the cake.. not the lick like what was first thought!! The little bastard! This time.. I thought that this time I was going to pee pee my pants.. coz its pretty darn funny that we noticed it all in steps rather than right away. Nemo is one in a million that is for sure.

My first ever sandwich cake for MY birthday and the little bugger takes the first bite!! Totally unimpressed I am.. but I also totally see the funny side to it all.. and below you shall see it all.. the little nibble Nemo took out.. Looks like he got a little egg, a little bread and some cucumber.. mmm good!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this intrigues me and I really would like to try one, but I can only find fish related ones in English. Would you mind sharing what you put in yours?
    THanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn,
      This sandwich cake does in fact have fish in it. Tuna, lots and lots of tuna.

      Delete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)