Sunday 19 July 2009

Rocky Road..

Ladtjojaure - couple of hours past Kebnekaise fjällstation

After a freezing night in the tent, we were up early and as we were packing up it started to piss down.. so bloody typical! We managed to get all packed up and ready to go with just 8 mins to spare before the boat departed. The boat we took, but obviously we are not on THAT boat that is speeding away like a bat outta hell.. ok maybe not that fast but yeah.
Nemo eyeing up his escape to go and jump into the water!
Kebnekaise here we come!
ooo look some blue sky!
....which got me so very excited.. sad I know!
The trail to Keb was rough, rocky and up and down and just not fun at all.. but the views were amazing so it all made it worth while. I was happy that there was no more rain for the day.. rain makes rocks slippery and that would have made an already rough trail, much rougher!
Here is one of the many meditation spots around the trail.
Mystery poo.. what makes these pellet poos I wonder? they were everywhere for the first part..
Emma so tired already?
...Just under 100km to go!
Nemo is such a poser sometimes!
No really do we HAVE to continue?
Once we arrived at Keb, Emma asked me to take a photo of the sign, which left me a little confused as I couldn't understand why she wanted a pic of this sign...
but it turned out she was after THIS sign...
Hey I'm tired!! Gimme a break!

We also had a bit more energy and it was still early in the day so we opted to just pass straight through Keb and get started on the next days trail.. after we stopped for a little dinner...
...and a good couple hours of extra walking and another bridge we decided to set up camp by a waterfall.. it was awesome!
We did a spot of washing in the freezing freezing but o so fresh water. I made the milk for breakfast while Emma looked knackered!
Nemo got to play a little in the water with a stick.. [watch video] sticks and water make Nemo the happiest! What makes Nemo the saddest is stopping for a break.. each and everytime we stopped he would just cry and cry until we started moving again.. it really got annoying over time! He was much better tonight and slept like a log with no crying.. I guess he was tuckered out too.

At one point during the day Emma asked me if I was going to be the Sharapova of hiking!! All because I made one.. ok maybe two sounds!! Biatch! I didn't make many sounds after that unless it was really really tough..

After playing a few hands of cards, we headed off to snoozeland with the buffs over our eyes.. this no darkness thing is just weird!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shit photo.. I love looking at shit! lol

    That photo of Nemo sitting up on the rock is soooo cute!

    I always knew you were a moaner Sharapova... hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)