Sunday 19 July 2009

Even better than sticks!

Singi - Sälka

O yeah I totally rock this hiking thing!
Yet another cold and windy start to the day, with of course a splash of rain.. however as the day progressed it just got worse, so bad in fact that we actually had to use our poncho's. A bridge a day.. umm keeps the doctor away?
Always time to pose in the snow...
Seriously more rocks? *pout*
The trail was a little on the easier side today which was a welcome reflief. I took my first tumble today and as always I fell well so there weren't any major injuries, just a twisted ankle.. no biggie. Emma also nearly took a tumble many times over but managed to stay on her feet, which impressed me over and over again.. o to have her fancy She-Ra footwork! There was one main one where she nearly went in the drink.. that wooden plank on the ground there..
....well it is not secure at all and it just assed up totally as she set a foot on it at the end before going to go up on the step..

Today we saw many reindeers, birds and even a half eaten leg.. I wonder what ate it? Or as Emma said, "I don't wanna know what did that!"
Aint he adorable?
Boil kettle boil! The best thing we took.. even better than the sticks!
I discovered that you can look straight through Emma's head!
We reached Salka in good time, got set up nice and quickly.. if only we could pack up as quick as we could set up! After setting up we enjoyed a nice cuppa tea and watched a couple have an arguement.. which I got caught taking a pic of! lol
whoooops but at least it wasn't a video. I couldn't really hear what it was actually about but it was way funny.
BK I know I look like a bunnie popping out a hole.. but I am really not.. so please don't kill me!!
Now something a little unfunny for this prude.. it seems that the nakedness had followed me from home to the wilderness.. before I left I saw things I did not want to see on people I did not need to see.. I really am a prude.. keep it to yourself I say.. anyways there we were enjoying a relaxing time when a very white naked boy runs from the sauna to the icy cold water for a dip.. repeatedly! Could he have at least held onto his willy wonker? How he managed to be able to dip all of him that freezing water is beyond me.. I only managed to dip my feet in for a very short period of time before it got tooo much.. but it did actually feel good on my aching foots!

We had alittle rest in the tent as the sun shone down on it warming it up, it was the warmest we had been in days.. it felt so very good. Then after dinner it of course started to rain.. luckily it was over with rather quickly, which is at least something.

I have found myself thinking about how this trail is meant to be good for beginners.. I would really hate to see what an expert trail would be like.. coz far out so far it has been rough and rocky.. I guess time will tell as we do more hikes to find out what is really the standard of hiking one should expect.

Nemo is now so knackered at the end of each day he just sleeps the night through.. in Emma's sleeping bag of course. So far he is doing really well and seems to be really enjoying it.. however he still cries on the pitstops! Even though we are all so knackered, it doesn't mean that we have good sleeps.. and it appears that we had the worst sleep so far at this place and it pissed down for hours as we headed into snoozeland.. at least Nemo sleeps coz the old fella sure as heckles needs it.

Nemo did a massively rotten fart in the tent. If I could have bottled it and somehow transfused it into this blog for you.. I would have.. coz it was TERRIBLE!! It wasn't the first fart he has done in there.. but it was the worst!
My hair also went really fluffy from the rain.. uncool man!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm....you do look suspiciously leporine popping out there....tasty! :P

    Loving the poncho btw... "Poncho-girl to the rescue!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like the hunchback of Notre Dame in your poncho! lol

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)