Sunday 19 July 2009

Gumbies anyone?

Couple hours past Kebnekaise fjällstation - Singi

Today started off with a beautiful view and a very good mood, coz seriouls how could Emma not wake up and be ina good mood when this is the first thing she sees?
It was another rock filled day and I am starting to suspect that rocks are going to be bad on the whole entire hike.. total suck ass! But the views are just so amazing.. I guess that makes up for it! Mmm fresh cold water.. best tasting water EVER!
Just incase someone is without gumbies.. there are spares laying around!
No really.. I am behind all them rocks! hahaha I'm so stealth!
Even Nemo is unimpressed with all the rocks!
ooooo gimme gimme gimme says Nemo!
There was even time for a little frollic in the snow..
The face dreams are made of!
Today was another rough day and my feet were killing me and my blisters were a little bleedy.. icky! After arriving at camp, we were offered freshly baked bread, which was totally delish, however overpriced, but it was still way nice and just what the doctor ordered. It is so amazing out here. The weather was fine but kinda cold and yet somehow I still managed to get the worst and funniest burnline on my hands.. yes on my hands.. you will laugh when you see.. but to see you have to go forward a few days when I actually have a decent photo of the funnyness!

Dinner was really nice tonight, it was the first of our freezedried foodage.. Risotto, which was interesting and nice all rolled up into a single package.. I would have it again I know that much and then for pudding we had a Chocolate Mousse.. which was.. well lets just say it grew on you with each mouthful but I doubt I would have that again.. I would prefer instant pudd over that next time. The best thing tonight about dinner was that we cooked inside the tent which made it all so very toasty.
We also had the best night sleep so far.. I think it really helped going to sleep in a warm tent, and having tiger balm rubbed on the aches. I'm not saying that I didn't wake up a million times.. I was just able to get more sleep from actually being warm.. coz it sure as heckles wasn't comfortable.

I freshened up with a baby wipes bath.. who knew that they were so handy!

Oh and we saw a crazy lady in red RUNNING the trail! Apparently its an event where you run the whole trail which we are walking.. umm no thanks is all I have to say! So far I don't want to walk it again let alone run it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)