Sunday 19 July 2009

Nibble Nibble!

Abiskojaure - couple of hours before Abisko

Nemo in the sleeping bag.. his most favourite place to snooze.
As Emma said.. the Nemo flower!
Swat those mozzies She-Ra!
It was nice to finally wake up to some warmth.. it was also nice to be able to take it easy as we were in no real rush as we were well in truly a day ahead of schedule. We had breakfast then headed off to the beach to give Nems a little dunk.. we weren't back long before it started to.... rain! We sat in the tent and waited it out and then slowly started packing up and getting organised.. we had hours to go before we were actually going anywheres so there was no real stress... noice!

When it started to rain.. I quickly went and grabbed the washing in and in doing so I tripped over the storm line and lost the peg. Good on me! Then as we are packing up we discover that one of our main pegs got bent.. hardcore. THEN as I am zipping up the tent door for the last time.. I somehow manage to pull off the little knobby! Total suck ass! Nothing good came of staying at Abiskojaure! Stinky dunny place it was!

After we were all packed up.. we sat down for a spot of lunch.. but no matter how much we ate it really did not prepare us for the total lack of drive and rocky shit again and once again coz I filed and cleaned up my feet, they started hurting like a mofo. It really felt like this leg wasn't going to end and we finally came across the bridge which meant we weren't far from where we were to set up.. YaY!
We get the added bonus of ROOTS with the rocks today! YaY! *straightface*
Nemo likes accessories.. what can I say he likes to be pretty! He also likes to nibble nibble at his paws.. [watch video]
Bloody mozzies! The mozzies at this place were... horrid.. there were SO many.. we had hundreds in the outer part of the tent.. attaching to the screen just wanting to break on in! The toilets however were a welcome relief.. especially compared to the disaster of the previous place.. and better yet we didn't have to pay for these ones! Go figure...
As we arrived a little girl came up to me but didn't actually say anything.. it was kinda on the freaky side and out of a horror flick.. you know like the little girl would pull out a big mega ass knife and go all Chucky on my ass! As it turned out all she wanted was to give Nemo a little pat.. why she came up to me and not Emma.. who was actually holding Nemo is beyond me.. I will never understand the way kids minds work.

Once again the skies opened.. luckily we had actually managed to get the tent up.. and just chucked everything in the opening and just sorted it out from there.. we were cramped.. but at least everything wasn't wet!

Dinner was Polenta & Cheeseburgers... in a can! I just couldn't go on a hike without giving them a go.. and I can quite honestly say.. never freaken again will they ever go into my belly.. and no matter how much sauce you added it didn't taste any better but at least now I can actually say I have tried Cheeseburger in a can! I am still kicking myself that I didn't get to try Cheese in a can when we were in America.

I took another tumble today.. nothing serious.. just a knee popping.. only about 4km to go so all is good in the hood! I must say though.. over all the days and everything that has happened I believe that today was really the worst day for me.
Even Nemo wasn't impressed with the Cheeseburgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)