Sunday 19 July 2009

The Journey Home

Abisko - Hässleholm

Up earlish after bascially no sleep on the stoney, cold and slopey area.. we were all breakfasted and packed up and ready to go by 9:30am where we headed off to the station to wait for the train.. to wait 3 hours that is! but at least we actually got the tent down before it once again started to rain.. we really have had the best weather right?Waiting.. waiting.. waiting..
Still waiting.. waiting.. waiting..
The train came and we were off..
The yummiest fizz.. it was almost solo like.. o how I miss that drink!
Emma is back to the electronic world.. iPhone fun begins!
I tried to have a snooze but Emma woke me up coz I was snoring... even though we were the only ones on the carriage! She can be so silly sometimes! Soon enough though, more people joined us, one being a jerk who would open up a window to take photo.. what he was taking a photo of was beyond me.. maybe he had a tree fetish? So having a window open.. makes it very loud and rather cold and then he decides that he wants to take photo's over the other side and so without closing the window he already opened.. he just headed over to the other side and opened another window and of course it got SO much louder and SO much colder.. but then an older man stepped in and told him off and we didn't have the issue again.. I'm ok with people wanting to take a pic.. but don't open the window and then stand there with it open looking down at the photos you had just taken.. that is just rude. He was such a rude mofo.
There was also a creepy man who saw Emma go into the toilet, and then he was standing right by the door when he heard it flush.. coz it seems people just don't know how to flush the toilet so when you go in you have to do a pre flush.. *shakes head* Iam also surprised at how much pee makes it onto the floor in a train toilet! so anyways.. he saw her go in.. he heard it flush directly after.. and I know he would have heard it coz I could hear it from where I was.. and yet he still waited a minute before he then tried the door.. WTF? Creepy creepy man.

Train number 2 comes and we jump on.. and yes we have to share with a weird woman and her dog.. her dog had the coolest ears lol Then after a few hours on the train.. another woman got on with her big dog.. the room is too small for 4 adults and 3 dogs.. 2 of which are big dogs! but the women with the big dogs.. parked up in the floor with their dogs and snoozed.. which meant that Em, Nems and I had the table and chairs.. under my feet I seemed to get the floor womens feet.. but that was fine coz I had the chair to stick my feet on.. so it all worked out for the best.

Once again people would walk past and stare in.. just like on the first train.. maybe a little worse coz this time there were people asleep on the floor.. there was one main offender.. who would come past about every 30mins.. I really felt like I was a caged monkey. It made me wanna fling shit at them.. you know like at the Welly Zoo how they have the sign that says to not stand too close or the monkeys might fling their shit at you.. or something of that effect.

I managed to get a little sleep, especially once they turned the lights off.. which seemed to take longer this time than last.. and having the buff to put over my eyes really helped too. Next time I really want a sleeping carriage for the long haul! Once again the train was late and we only just managed to catch our connecting train.. which actually waited for us so it was then late.. but I am so happy that they did wait coz stuff having to go on a later slower train home for the final few hours. Once on the train we had to find places for our backpacks, Emma's was easy enough to get into the over head area whereas mine was a little larger and had issues getting in there.. just as I was about to give up this dude comes along and shoves it in tight.. it aint gonna budge thats for sure. It was in there pretty snug but then the dude's stupid wife came along and started bitching that she thought it was going to fall down on her, she tried moving it but it didnt budge so she bitched a little more and eventually he swapped seats with her. Moron. Then there was their eldest kid who wouldn't stop saying ''pappa".. like every 3 seconds! It was totally doing my head in.

We gave Nemo some tucker.. being hand fed while on Emma's lap.. spoilt much?
Then it was time to spoil us when we got off the train and we headed right for the ice cream wagon and got a couple of scoops in a fresh waffle cone.. mmmm yum yum for my tum tum! Once home, Nems got a bath, then Emma and then me.. all unpacked and Emma's mum had done a spot of shopping for us so we actually had food in the place and didn't actually have to leave.. ahhh nice! We just kicked up and relaxed... ahh so good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)