Sunday 19 July 2009

A loooong day

Alesjaure - Abiskojaure

Today we woke up to.. yes a bit more rain and birds doing a funny little churp.. I didn't want to get up at all coz I was so knackered, but we were in a shit location so we opted to just push on instead of hanging for a rest day.. there were SO many mozzies and little sandflies.. it was horrible. I thought the next stop was 15km minus the small amount that we walked the day before.. but as it turned out it was 20km of pure hell! We had to go around a rocky as mountain.. all I wanted was some rest.. in a decent place.. was that too much to ask?

We stopped for a late breaky, around 10am by a little stream. Coffee and oats.. it was rather a nice little break.. it helped to lift the spirits of us.. although we are totally over all the rocks and all the mozzies and little flies were driving me even more insane walking through the bushy bits.
Towards the end of the day I thought I was just going to fall over.. and then we finally came across the base camp.. which as it so happens had the WORST dunnies ever!! They used bleach or something to try and kill the smell of all the pooz & weez and well.. all it did was fry your nose! Worst of all we actually had to pay to camp there.. 80sek each a night to set up.. what a total rip off! 3 people running this base and they had the worst dunnies.. go freaken figure!

I however did my first poo out in the wilderness.. up until this point I had been lucky enough to do it all in provided dunnies.. but there was a little hiccup.. I fell on my ass before I even started pooping.. which was good in a way.. coz I would have hated to have fallen on my ass after I pooped! Although wouldn't that be a story to tell! lol Emma was kind enough to take a pic of me just after I was getting my self all together after my poop.. nice isn't she?
I didn't find the views today as great as the previous ones.. maybe it was because I was just so knackered and fed up with all the rocks.. looks like they are with me all the way.
She-Ra!
Emma looking a little sad and tired.. the day is really taking its toll.
More freaken rocks.. my poor sausage toes!
Sand? Where did you come from?
Another bridge.. this time a little more freaky.. I really do dislike bridges!
And now we are in the national park.. I thought things might get a little easier in there.. I was WAY wrong!
Nemo sure does love his water!
Please let the day be over!
Vegetarian Meatballs and Pasta was on the menu tonight.. and I must say they were mighty tasty.. however rather messy to make.. that wasn't so much fun.. however eating them was just ace! They also had a store at this base and we actually went in and got a couple of things.. a can of Fanta, a can of Coke & some candy gummies.. yummo! Oh and a little bit of chocolate.. not that we haven't been eating chocolate before coz we were smart enough to bring little mini bars with us for pick me ups.. and pick me up they did! The Fanta really went down a treat.. nothing like a good swig of fizz.. even though it was on the warm side..
After dinner we headed off to check out the 'beach' and that is where I actually got to witness some crayzee's having a 'bath' in the cold cold water.. if only I was that game! The noises that they made were pretty funny too but the guy spitting in the water was a little uncool.. but I guess it takes all kinds.
Snoozy Nems.. it has been a long day.
Now that sure is some seriously awesome hair I gots happening..

1 comment:

  1. OMG... How did you know that I woke up this morning thinking I really hope I read about Jo taking a dump??? :o/
    I hope you picked it up and took it with you to dispose of! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)