Sunday 19 July 2009

A low day

Tjäkta - Alesjaure


The start of another day came with more snow and icy streams and of course ups and downs and rocks, but in saying that we still made very good time. We weren't as cheery today and I felt like I was in need of a decent break.
Rocks...
Water...
It would be nice to be free of bridges.. every damn day a new bridge.. and sometimes we have to cross the same bridge twice.. yuckles!
Smoko!
awwww cuddles!
When will the water end?
The view from the base camp.. where we were not staying.
The view from our site was pretty awesome.. as per usual. The views really have been pretty amazing the whole way through I must admit and many times over I have just looked up and gone 'wow'. The sun shone down upon our tent and warmed it up a treat and it was like a little sauna, it was nice to be able to heat up from all the chilling wind.. even though today was a little sunnier than the previous days and I managed to burn my hands just a little more..
Best tan line ever huh?
Nothing like a good stretch after a long day is what Nemo says..
and even Emma gets in on the end of day stretch...
We walked up a massive hill after crossing a bridge to reach the base camp but it wasn't a very good area and the plan was to catch the boat to knock off 6km, however after not getting decent directions to where the boat goes from and after walking a couple of extra km's we decided to set up on the best spot we could find in the sludgey, lumpy, bushy area.
Heading off to snoozeland it once again pissed down.. can we just have one day without rain? wet? snow? wind? rocks? I think that would be asking way too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)