Thursday 26 May 2011

Walking To Jesus!


Em and I were up bright and early for a quick wee hike up to see Jesus. A very technology embracing Jesus at that. It was weird to see antennas coming out of Jesus.

On the way to Jesus, we stopped to watch the waves crashing, 
and take a few photos.. you know how it goes when you are on holiday.. photos are a must, you will never see those moments again.. or well you might if you come back, but I don’t see that in my travel future. Anyways, here’s Em and I striking a pose!

Once we finally got back on our way we came the start of the uphill battle to Jesus, the start were of course freaken steps.. hardcore steps! More freaken steps! I can’t escape the steps and stairs.. of all unevenness or narrowness or steeeeeeep! I mean come on.. look at these.. 

We overcame that quickly and then the next thing we knew we were at a very steep bunch of hills.. up.. up.. up.. but we could at least stop for moments and take in the views as they were passing us by, along with the locals.. one lady even told us of a shortcut.. she and her friend had stopped by to feed the stray cats and birds.. yes in the same spot and she had 2 really cute dogs.. one came up to me but I didn’t get a pat.. that is one thing that I really loved about San Sebastian, and even Bordeaux actually.. the dogs were all so happy and running free and all getting along.. I didn’t see any dog fights at all.
Finally we made it to Jesus! 

And within minutes of being there, I saw the cutest thing, a dog was sitting up on a wall thing and its owner was taking her jumper off and as she was pulling it over her head, the dog jumped down, ran over to the water tap which was running, took a few chomps on the water.. you know as dogs do with running taps and then quickly ran around and jumped back up on the wall thing in front of its owner again as if nothing had happened. I was gutted I didn’t record it. So cute.

Here’s the view we saw from Jesus.. 

We made our way back down and headed to the beach, it wasn’t as nice of a day as it was yesterday but it was still nice to be at the beach and watch the surfers going for it.. then we headed back to the room for a bite to eat and a lounge around while the shops went into siesta mode. Em and I then headed out for another look around.. again down at the beach and then we decided we should maybe check out the shopping area.. we don’t really go on holiday to shop.. unless its America, then it’s completely acceptable to shop til you drop, coz you have an extra suitcase to carry all your new stuffs in.. which we tend to do when going there. Clever we are! Plus Em has her wallet set for Barcelona. Ok so where was I, ah yes.. we checked out a few shops.. nothing really interesting.. mainly all the same shops you get anywhere so as you can imagine that got boring really fast for me.. so we called into a pintxos bar, after stopping by an ice cream shop for a little scoop to share.. and had a drink and nibble before heading back to meet up with Georg & Mike, so that we could hit up some more pintxos bars. 

 

On the walk home, Em and I stayed behind to watch the sunset. It was so beautiful.. I love sunsets and sunrises for that matter, I personally think you can never get enough of them, I take every opportunity I can to see them in the different parts of the world. I really like to take in the smaller things in life. Em and I had a pretty good evening waiting for the sun to go down, and watching the people around us.. some were even fishing. The waves were crashing up, and Em was a little paranoid she was gonna get a little seawater wet.. no biggy I say! It’s part of the fun right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)