Wednesday 18 May 2011

Just Another Day..

The day started off like all the others, cold.. grey and weather you just wanna curl up on the couch under a blankey.. but we are on holiday so we have to put on a brave face and take things head on! Off we toddled to the tram stop.. where we waited waited waited and then finally a really packed tram came a rolling on by.. we all squished ourselves on. Talk about sardines. At one of the stops another fatty of a girl just shoved her way on even tho there really wasn’t all that much room and then as the tram was breaking she would put all her weight on me to stop herself from falling and all I had to hold on to was the little part of the ceiling above the door.. and I had a pregnant lady in front of me so I was trying with all my might to not fall on her.. talk about a morning work out! And then the children.. there were SO many children, when they went to get off there was like a stampede! I thought I was gonna get squished! I survived. As you can probably tell lol

It wasn’t long until we were all tucked safely on a train and on our way to Den Haag to check out the ICC. The hearing we were originally going to check out ended up being closed to the public so we went and checked out another one. We were in there and listening for about 40ish minutes and now I totally understand why the hearings take years.. coz it takes them forever to get anywhere. It is very interesting to say the least and I was glad that I went, however I would have liked to stay just a little bit longer to maybe get more of the story behind the hearing we were watching\listening to. 

Em and I went and got a bite to eat at De Zwarte Ruiter.. and might I say.. bloody lovely! Easy going atmosphere with tasty simple well made food.. you really can’t go wrong and it wasn’t overpriced to boot! Really really enjoyed it.. I had a chicken wrap, while Em had a spicy chicken sandwich.. yummo!
 It was also where we went through the four stages of Emma.. 

With our bellies full we headed off for a look around the city and just take in the surroundings, lovely city.. however, I do prefer Amsterdam. 
 We wandered around, gawking here and there and well after a few hours we decided to head on back to Amsterdam and check out a coffee house.. which didn’t go as well as I would have liked. The lady behind the bar didn’t seem to want to serve me.. prolly coz I hadn’t visited the pot bar before the drinks bar.. so after 2 attempts I went fuck it and walked out.. it is well known I have no patience.

We had some more of the fries.. like yesterday.. yes I know bad, but you only live once and who knows when we will be back in Amsterdam to try some more of that deep fried potato goodness. We walked the streets some more before heading home.. another long day bites the dust and tonight is our last night in Amsterdam, the weather is still a tad cold, grey and windy but the city is still a beautiful place to be and I could see myself coming here again.. one day! 

Oh and I nearly forgot! Emma was a part of an Asian tour group! Every bloody holiday she tags along..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)