Friday 27 May 2011

A Porty Affair!

Upon waking the first thing that hit me was.. the freaken stink! Porto smells weird. Really weird, but at least it wasn't the stink of pee. We headed off in the search of adventures.. walking the streets was pretty awesome with all the different shapes and sizes of the houses, shops etc.. all in different stages of collapse too, some places were completely rooted and then right next door it would be totally new. Weirdness but really cool too in a strange sort of way. It was actually something I really liked about Porto.
 

We checked out a couple of stores, which is where I picked up a new companion! I have named him EuroDuck! And he is awesome! Yes I now have a duck cane! That's right bitchez! Be jealous! I got some pretty interesting looks as I walked around with him.. EuroDuck shall make future appearances.. watch out for him! 


We also checked out a couple of churches, the catacombs and then we headed over the river to get stuck into lunch and some port tasting! Getting to the lunch spot turned out to be quite the uphill battle! It was like the hill that never ended.. I thought I was going to die when I got to the top.. I'm not entirely sure that I felt that lunch was worth the hike up either. It was nice food but it wasn't anything special and it seemed weird that they were all proper like for people.. tourists walking in all hot and bothered and dressed usually in sandals and shorts. After lunch, Emma had her heart broken when ordering dessert.. as the waiter came back and said that they weren't doing it now.. actually they said that for Georg too.. and all they really had left was boringstuff and who wants boring stuff? noone! which is why they still had some left I guess. Dessert was not had and then we headed off to taste a little port before heading back down the hill to the next port and chocolate tasting! The first place we went to, we tried 2.. one whitey and one reddy.. we then purchased the whitey. Then we darted off to find the chocolate and port tasting..

We opted to go with a 5 glass share effect.. I of course took one for the team and drunk most of the port to finish it off.. can't waste tasty port after all! Worship the port! And I must say, Emma has really gotten into the whole port drinking.. should I be worried?

Feeling a little merry and in good spirits we pissed off to go and do a river cruise, which seemed more like a bridge spotting cruise. Nothing special but it was a nice group activity with bellies full of port. Afterwards, home was calling so off we toddled.. and then just as we were about to arrive at home, Mike mentions how we finally don't actually smell the Porto scent. The next question is.. will we miss it when we leave? I dig Porto, but I can honestly say that I can't see myself coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)