Monday 23 May 2011

Paris Extravaganza!

Em and I got off to an early start and headed off to the Louvre, where we checked out the Mona Lisa among many other things.. but little miss Mona Lisa was the main attraction. We ended up spending quite a few hours in there looking around and of course there were more stairs! Everywhere I go there are bloody stairs.. either lots and lots of them or crazy stairs! I can’t escape the stairs lol

Next stop! Jim Morrison's grave! (among others) This was a little hard to find once we were in the cemetery, it was all tucked away but we found it, after walking on lots of cobble stone and up and down… more freaken stairs! It made me a little sad to see it if I am honest, I dunno exactly why, but I just didn’t feel it was ‘right’.. I am glad that I had gone there tho, very glad. Very glad in general that I went to the cemetery. There was such extravagance in there, actually there is extravagance all over Paris, its just one big extravaganza!  I really could have spent hours and hours and even more hours in there looking around at all the different graves.. I loved looking at them all and in their different stages of decay. New and old side by side, the newest grave we saw was from last year.


All the walking worked up an appetite so we started to make our way to the crepe place that Emma had had her eye on, we started off on the journey and then somewhere along the way, using the cartographer app for the iPhone, the point we were aiming for became another point and so we completely missed the crepe place so we had to back track about 10-15mins walking.. and of course once we arrived it was jam packed, we were told to come back in 25mins, and so we did and then we still had to wait another 20ish mins to be seated.. but once we were seated it was well worth the wait.. 


I had the yummiest galette to start with, accompanied by a buckwheat beer, which was pretty darn good too and then to finish things off we had a crepe.. by the we finished eating we were both SO full and it was time to make our way back to get some jeans on to go out for dinner with a real deal frenchie gal!

Oh funny toilet story! While waiting for the crepe place, I was busting to go loo.. so I went to go and use one of those automatic toilets that they have around the place, I pushed the button and walked in, and then pushed the button to close the door.. then I tried to open the door and it moved a little so I freaked out a little.. so I pushed the button to get out.. and asked Emma what it says when I am in there.. she said occupied.. so I went back in and pressed the button to close the door but nothing bloody happened and so I walked out again.. and THEN the door closed. So there I was, busting to use the loo with the door closed and saying occupied which meant that it would not open again unless someone from the inside opened it, which they wouldn’t coz that someone should have been me! Or 20mins passes and the bloody thing automatically opens.. so poop, no potty break for me.

Ok back to business.. All four of us headed off to meet Mike’s cousin for dinner, we arrive at the train station and start waiting.. waiting… waiting.. we were keeping a close eye out for this woman we all had never actually met before.. Emma spotted her first and there was a bit of a debate about if it was her or not.. but then she started speaking to people so it looked like she wasn’t waiting for anyone.. but then! The people were gone and she was looking more intently at the crowds coming up from the underground.. and texting on her phone.. there was much debate again and no one seemed willing to go up.. so I had enough and just walked up and asked if she was waiting for Mike and the relief on her face was awesome lol Soon enough all the intros were done and we were on our way to a little drinking spot to have a little chat and a drink before dinner.. Emma drunk wine! I was worried she was gonna get all dancey and huggy! That however, did not happen.

She then took us to this cute little place that made some good food, seeing as Em and I had had our lunch so late we didn’t have a main but we did have a starter and dessert, which were pretty darn good, I had a crème brûlée and it was delish! Mike’s cousin was a pretty awesome lady and I am very glad that I got to meet her. The French accent really does sound better when they speak English, which reminds me, when we were in Starbucks, we heard the lady behind the counter say mug and it was the coolest word I have heard so far.. so if you are ever around a frenchie, ask them to say mug.. I loved it! You just might!
By the time we got home, I was once again shattered.. it seems to be a common theme for my time in Paris.. but at least I got to see and enjoy so much. It really is a beautiful city, however I think I might be a little too afraid to ever live here lol The thing I love the most about Europe in general, their buildings have so much character rather than having the tall new soulless buildings that you can get. As much as I hate walking on cobblestones, I love the look of it in the cities. Everywhere you walk in Paris is just extravagant.. even in the areas that smell of total piss.. it’s a little crazy.

In Paris, we found about 10ish space invaders, I think it was a pretty good effort.. now I want to track down more.. in more places!
Next stop Bordeaux!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)