Monday 25 August 2014

Hello, Vancouver!

At the start of the month, Emma and I embarked on a little trip to Vancouver, Canada! This would be our first time in Vancouver, my first time in the land of Canadians.. I was very much looking forward to it, so with our suitcase packed and our passports in hand, we headed off to the airport.. and given how often the trains were late and the luck we had been having, we opted to head in a little earlier than we really needed to. Which of course meant, the trains all ran smooth and we had several hours to hang out in Copenhagen airport. We potted about the airport and killed time with coffee, browsing, shopping and standing around waiting for the photo I posted to instagram to show up on the screen..
The instagram hashtag of the trip was #emdivanvacay,
pressing on the hashtag link above will load photos from instagram

The time actually went by quite swiftly and it wasn't long before we jumped on the first plane to London. At Heathrow, there is a place called Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food. You can eat in the restaurant or you can get a nifty little picnic to go, which comes in it's own little cooler bag. 
The idea is to eat it on the plane, however.. Emma and I decided to enjoy it while looking at the planes and waiting for our flight. We went with Caesar salad with pancetta and soft boiled egg, Roasted Hereford rump of beef with green salad and mustard, Chocolate and pecan brownie with crème Chantilly. It was a tasty little meal and to be honest, I would do it again but next time have it on the flight, especially with how bad British Airways food seems to be getting. It was definitely a little bit of fun to give it a go and we get a funky little cooler bag to use for other things now.. perhaps I will use it for other trips and just make my own little meals!

We boarded the next flight and I was thinking how nicely things were going, and that my friends was my downfall. Because, behind me, I had the passenger from hell who had no idea about how when you hit the chair in front of you coz your entertainment unit isn't working, that it disturbs the person who is sitting in that seat. He was a complete tosser.. even after letting the flight attendant know it wasn't working properly, he continued to hit it as much and as hard as he could.. for 3 hours.. I am sure he did it also once I fell asleep, but I had medicated on several little bottles of wine and reclined all the way back, put on Captain America and promptly fell asleep. Bliss! I woke up with like 90mins of the flight left, and sure enough he was still complaining about his freaken screen. He wanted some compensation.. I want some freaken compensation for putting up with your moaning and annoying ass for the 9 hour flight! He wasn't happy with 30pounds in vouchers so opted to take it further through the complaints line.. yeah good luck to him. I hope he gets nothing.

Anyways, here are a couple of plane view photos..

I was glad to see the back of that plane, we grabbed our stuff and headed through the airport, through customs and onto the train.. next stop! Hotel! We arrived, got checked in, freshened up and headed out into the big bright Vancouver evening. Stopping by, of course, a supermarket. We hit the hay after taking in some of the night time views from our balcony. All in all, I think we were feeling pretty decent after a long travel day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)