Wednesday 30 July 2014

Art!

No matter what, I still don't really 'get' art. Some things just make me wonder how or why it is considered art. I've said it before and I will continue to say it.. I guess until someone really enlightens me to what makes art.. art. Don't get me wrong, some stuff I just love but there is a lot of stuff that just leaves me scratching my head. Attempting to broaden my art knowledge, Emma and I headed off to the modern museum in Malmö to check out Picasso.. coz, Picasso.

The museum is a pretty funky building, and the orange really pops and calls to me coz I like orange.. not as much as green but orange is definitely right up there in my colour love.
Into the orange awesomeness we went and jumped right into the art.. first up we check out all things, Tora Vega Holmström. You weren't allowed to use your phone, there was a big clear sign saying no to mobiles.. however, I witnessed the staff just sitting on theirs. The entire time. Which didn't make me feel so bad about taking a snap of my favourite painting..
It had me at giraffe.

We continued on checking things out, moved around slowly and quietly. Got annoyed with one lady and her kids. Not sure why you would bring a baby to a museum but she did and her older boy was just a noisy little shit. Touching and stuff. We tried to get away from them but they eventually caught up in the video room, where.. surprise surprise they were noisy and disruptive. I'm not sure what was worse, the door hitting Emma and leaving a bruise or the annoyance of that little family. 

I am not saying to never take kids to these places, I am just saying, make sure they behave and if they don't then leave instead of disturbing everyone else. It's not a supermarket where you always have kids playing up.

We finished up and headed off to the small botanical gardens to enjoy some lunch.. Emma got the vegetarian option, which had pumpkin.. so score! and I had veal. 
Both were quite delicious and I would go there again.. preferably on a less chaotic day. The lines were looong.. we braved them twice. The second time for some organic soft-serve with caramel topping and it was sooo yum!
We took our ice cream and went for a stroll around the garden, taking a few snaps here and there..
 
 
 
 

Not a bad second day to the second week indeed. Oh yes, I should also mention that our train out to Malmö had some issues too. 2 days in a row we were stuck on a train longer than needed and you know what... you. just. gotta. laugh. But hey, at least we were so late for a couple of the trips that we will actually get some money back. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)