Monday 25 August 2014

Getting High!

We took this chance to get down to Abode, the restaurant attached to the hotel, for breakfast. Eggs benny was on the menu, actually eggs benny is on the menu every day.. a new style each and every day. Wednesday happened to be a chicken benny [photo]. What came first? The chicken or the egg?! Answer: they came together.. on my plate and then in my belleh! Yums! I really enjoyed it, however, I do have one gripe.. the hollandaise was a touch too thin but it still tasted damn good. I could have gone there every day for breakfast if I am honest.. going out for breakfast is actually my favourite eating out period. 

We wanted a breakfast of champions to get pumped up for the day ahead! The day of getting high! After-all, we are in a city full of junkies! However, this high was more height. We were headed to the Capilano suspension bridge where we were to walk across and perhaps feel a little like pooping ones pants. We got there early, before it opened to get in line so we could one of the first in.. hopefully so that I wouldn't poop my pants walking across the very moveable suspension bridge. I have never liked them, nor do I like heights. So why do something like this? Coz the views are pretty stellar and it's a fun experience.

Yes, I think I may have pooped a little.
I think it's time for a couple selfie for good measure!
Oh Look! It's the bridge conqueror!
Once you were over the bridge, you got to enjoy a walk through the tree tops..

And then a cliff side walk..

Then also got to enjoy a little time with your feet planted firmly on the ground, the real ground. While you did this, you could look through the store, grab a really terrible coffee, check out the pond or even check out the birds they have on display.. that day there was only the one.. this one..
The bird keeper was busy spraying something and when someone asked.. "what are you spraying?" She responded with Listerine. Owls breath is really bad and then went into this explanation about why. It wasn't long before someone else came along and asked the same question and the woman who asked first, pipes up and says all knowledgeable like.. "it's Listerine, owls have really bad breath!" It was at that point the bird keeper started laughing and told her that she was joking. LOL Gold! Who can even believe a bird as beautiful as an owl would have bad breath!

Walking back over the suspension bridge to be able to leave was much worse for me than going over the first time, this time there were a lot more people so it was moving every way which way. Even though going across to start with had the douche who was rocking it from side to side.. that was nothing to the many different motions of all the people at different points. I was glad to get going.. and glad to get a free shuttle back to the city..

Back in the city, we wandered around just taking it all in. It really is a large city. We eventually made our way out to Trees Organic Coffee for.. yep, coffee! and some cheesecake too.. mango splash they called it and this particular piece was delicious.. along with our delicious coffees.
 

Not far from the coffee joint, was the steam clock.. so you know, we just had to check it out.. along with everyone else. It was pretty rad. After a little more wandering around we headed back to the room to pack and get organised for our Vancouver Island trip starting bright and early in the morning. We took in this last sunset from our hotel, it really was a stunning view...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)