Tuesday 26 August 2014

A Touch of Ink!

Over the next 5 days, Emma spent her time at a convention doing lots of convention-y stuff while I spent my time with the food network, wandering the streets looking for filming and coming up empty! Laughing at a seagull wandering into a store, wondering what all the fuss is about on Robson St. Watching people being yelled at by high/drunk homeless people.. which also resulted in one having the piss taken out of him after he was yelling at every female who walked past "you can't even fuck". Another person, either super glued or took the opportunity when someone else had already super glued a coin to the ground by telling said homeless man that he dropped it. Everyone then stood around and laughed at the man as he attempted to pick it up.. while being very unstable. I did not stand around, I did find it amusing tho as I walked on past, listening to him then yelling "I love you, man" instead of "you can't even fuck"

One other thing about the homeless in Vancouver, so many of them have pets. And by pets I mean dogs.. rabbits and even rats. We walked past one homeless couple, as the female exclaimed to the male.. "give me back my rabbit, man!" Now that is not a sentence you hear often.

Another thing you don't hear often is.. skunks! We were out for a walk one night when we stumbled across a couple of them.. just off a suburban street! We didn't disturb them tho, which meant we didn't get sprayed.
Note: Only one in the photo but there were actually two.
We made our way out to a coffee joint a few times that did good, consistent coffee.. Revolver. Now that place can brew a cup. We never did get it to drink in, always to go but it seemed like a pretty rad place to chill.

Aussie Pie Guy's food truck was in the neighbourhood so I took the chance to have a pie. I got the works, the flavours were good but my damn pie was cold. Nice to have a pie all the same..

I also got around to giving Tim Horton's a go.. Kathryn told me to so I did. She doesn't even eat from there yet I had to try them! I can't say that they were enjoyable.. probably the worst of all the chain donuts I've tried, gimme dunkin or krispy kreme over these any day. I miss Doughnut Plant. Seeing as we were in Canada, I thought it was only right I went with a maple flavoured one as well as a normal glazed one..

We hit up a food truck for breakfast one morning.. it was again.. eggs benny! What can I say, I love it!

Another thing I did was get some more ink. This ink..

I am well on my way to filling a sci-fi themed sleeve. I don't feel so lopsided any more. It was a very long day.. I arrived at the shop at around 11:30am on the Monday and didn't leave again until about 2:30am on the Tuesday! A serious session was had and total props to the artist who managed to rock it out. 
Artist: Mike Nassar, currently tattooing at The Fall but in the upcoming years will either be moving to NZ or Australia. It is a hard choice, I hope he makes the right one and enjoys it.

They had this in the toilet at The Fall.. it cracked me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)