Monday 7 December 2009

It's Ho Ho Ho Time!

So it is that time of the year again.. where people are in total chaos trying to buy the so called perfect gifts for their so called loved ones.. just chaos! I have done all my shopping and sent off all packages in the hope that they will arrive in time for xmas. I did however feel like a bit of a doof as we had sent off a package to Hanna in the US and I had forgotten to add the one thing that she actually asked for.. so off we toddled and sent that off. I wonder which will come first?

We decided this year we would not have a xmas tree, coz they are generally too big and too much hassle and then we are at the supermarket.. or well the one we don't usually go to and we see a large assortment of small xmas trees! typical right? So anyways.. we have decorated for the festive season.. with just a small amount of xmas things, a few ornaments, placemats, xmas curtains, the warm glow candle light things that go in the window and of course the stuffed angry santa.. he by far is my fave! oh and this thing.. the candle thing in the background.. you light one candle every sunday or something.. oh and the thing in front is something that we made on the weekend with the start of our xmas baking.. actually we managed to do all the baking for xmas so now all we have left to do is the candy.. which will be done on the week leading up to the feastage.

Speaking of feastage.. also on the weekend I purchased a big babybel cheese.. so there it sits.. in my fridge.. calling out for me to eat it! but I can't.. I have to be good and share it.. plus I think it would make me sick to eat that much cheese.. but still.. I just want to grab it and take a big bite out of it.. like its a little one!
yummy yummy yummy!

Now moving on to the not so yummy.. last night I tried Jul Svagdricka..
It was not really to my liking.. it was rather malty, not much fizz and rather beer like.. basically tasted like flat beer.. not really my cuppa tea but hey at least I tried something new and trying new things is rather fun.. and Hanna has agreed to try chocolate coated bacon with me the next time I am in the US! Noice! It is always more fun to try new things with someone and Emma just aint that willing..

2 comments:

  1. Angry santa ROCKS!!! Oh, and eat the cheese....all of it...go on....you know you wanna!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angry Santa is the best thing about xmas! and we have 2! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)