Thursday 17 December 2009

It's Yaktrax Time!

Yesterday the snow came and came and so Emma and I had the perfect opportunity to try out the yaktrax walker thingo's that Emma bought a while back.

I would just like to say that they have to be the best thing that Emma has bought.. this year! I actually felt like I had some control while walking in the snow and on the slippery areas.. you aren't 100% non-slip on the hard bad icy parts but you still feel in control and not all tense coz you are just waiting to fall on yo ass! It helped none of the snow had been cleared away.. there wasn't even an attempt.. today however is a different story.. they have attempted so now the footpaths have very dangerous slippage icy packed snow.. but still it was no match for my yaktrax! I stayed upright with not even the slightest hint of slippage.. and Nemo tried his hardest to get me off balance the little bugger! I <3 br="" my="" yaktrax="">
Today there is actually blue skies and sunshine to go with the snow.. simply beautiful! Still cold but it is a worthwhile cold. Currently -5.. Jealous much? lol

We have this table thing that hangs on the balcony, but it used to have cable ties that held it in place but I guess Emma didn't replace them when she removed the tattered thingo that went around the balcony so I could stand out there in my over sized, over worn boxers without anyone actually being able to see.. anyways.. I heard banging all morning and at first I couldn't work out what it could possibly be as the chain was adjusted so that it wouldn't move.. Emma was clever enough to do that! But then it dawned on me so I headed off to remove the table thingo from the balcony.. I didn't have to adust anything.. it just slid right off! I went out on the balcony with no shoes on and wow who knew snow was so damn cold! In just the few seconds my barefoot tootsie rolls were out there.. it felt like they were going to freeze off! but o my.. that soft powdery snow felt so wonderful between my toes.. for that split second that is! lol and anyways I am telling you this little story coz I am leading up to the photo.. of my foot imprint in the snow! Ace right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)