Monday 14 December 2009

It's Snow Time!

Where o where is December going? but in saying that I would like it to hurry on past and get birthday and xmas out of the way.. coz quite frankly it is the worst time of year.. or well apart from the yummy food that you get to eat and the great excuse to over do it and then the new years resolutions of being good that will only last a month or two if you are good.. which I am not.. or well I am gonna have to be coz it seems we are doing the now annual liver cleanse.. I suppose its a good thing and at least it is both Emma and I doing it.. always easier when you have someone to share the pain with.. right?

And speaking of pain.. I nearly slipped over while out walking Nemo this lunch time! Can you guess on what part of the walk I nearly came a crashing down to the ground like a wounded heffa? The freaken pedestrian crossing! That's right.. the thing that is supposed to keep me safe from being hit by a car is so freaken dangerous to walk across with just the slightest hint of snow.. or even rain for that matter.. it is not the easiest to walk on when it has rained either.. you have to wonder why this is? Why are they not smart enough to make it non slip or something.. because really the last place you wanna slip and fall on your ass is on the road where people are bloody crazy and drive like they are the only ones on the road. I need my own island already!

So anyways.. yesterday was the start of some pretty snowfall and I got to enjoy a softserve ice cream outside IKEA in the light trickle of snow.. what a way to spend my Sunday! It was all totally worth that sickly feeling I get from being in THE car.. and I say THE car coz it is quite frankly the only car that has ever made me sick and it doesn't matter where I sit in it. Anyways here is the pic Emma uploaded to her Facebook of me enjoying my ice cream outside of IKEA in the light trickle of snow.. best part of my day!

Moving onto a completely different topic.. and something that amused me ever so muchly. I was listening to an old 'this american life' podcast, it was about insurance.. first human insurance and then animal insurance and whether or not it was a good thing or not. There was this one lady who had her hedgehog on anti-psychotics.. she had insurance however that wasn't covered by the insurance. nuts. Not nuts that it wasn't covered but nuts that a hedgehog needs anti-psychotics.. I wonder if the hedgehog turned into some kinda of assassin when not on the druuuugs! Then it got me thinking.. maybe we should put Nemo on some kind of drugs to get his moods under control.. the cranky little shit that he is! These days when we leave we have to close him off in a small area in the kitchen coz he pissed.. not only on the xmas curtains but on his kitchen bed! What sort of dog pisses on their own bed? They say dogs don't know how to be spiteful.. well those people have not met Nemo!

He is really is one of a freaken kind.. for instance.. last night Emma took him for his before bed walkies.. after getting home he has wet ickly paws and he takes off.. and I mean takes off.. he puts everything he has into running that short distance from the hall to the couch.. anyways Emma yells no at him and he didn't have enough time to actually stop proper and he ran straight into the side of the couch and yelped coz he prolly hurt his already bung neck.. it was ever so funny but we did kinda feel sorry for him. He has this love affair with running and jumping on the couch.. also he seems to love to take a few pieces of his kibble and jump up on the couch to eat it before actually going to eat his dinner and it doesn't matter how many times I tell him off he will still bloody do it.. so yeah like I said he really is one of a freaken kind.

2 comments:

  1. a) Promise me that there'll be no liver cleansing diets when we're in Europe.
    b) A hedgehog on anti-psychotics made me seriously laugh...I can just see see the little thing patrolling the streets of America (coz where else would a hedgehog be on anti-psychotics?!?) with a spear or something like that...lol!
    c) IKEA rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can assure you that there will be no liver cleansing while the EuroTrip2011 takes place.. unless you decide that you want to do it in Jan & Feb.. coz that is when we do it..

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)