Friday 25 December 2009

It's Xmas Time!

So this is christmas? Wet.. cold.. dark and not snowfilled!? How did this happen? Oh that's right.. I moved to bloody Swedeland! Gone are the days a summer filled christmas.. with BBQ goodness and well... sunshine! Not that I am complaining about the spread that we get.. coz I sure do love this mix of everything on the christmas table.. which I get to enjoy again today once we head around to the parentals to polish off some more goodness. I was sooo full and bloated when we got home last night from the christmas feast.. but I wouldn't change that for the world.. afterall that is what christmas is about.. right?

This morning I had some more of my birthday cake for breakfast and then again for lunch.. it wasn't really lunch but we haven't eaten anything for lunch so I'm calling it my lunch.. and it was grand! I sure do love me cake! Heavenly!

Nemo enjoyed his christmas.. first by tucking into the wrapping paper from my birthday presents.. he seriously thought he was in heaven and then he got to rip open his own present to discover a wonderful bone thingo inside.. nom nom nom says he! Then he got another dog candy log thingo.. and it was at that point that he knew that today was an extra special day lol and that was his breakfast while we tucked into my birthday breakfast.. that he also wanted a bit of! Cheeky!
So after the birthday morning I had to snap into christmas mode and head over to the parentals where we all sat around and watched donald duck reruns.. like total old school.. and drunk some lingon glögg.. which actually wasn't bad at all and I don't usually like glögg! Enjoyed the nibble of gingerbread and the yummy sweet santa lollies.. nom nom nom!

Then Emma got to be santa.. but she didn't wear the mask.. spoil sport! and the presents were handed out and Cato seemed to have the most fun.. hoping that each package belonged to him. He is a funny funny doggy! I often wish Nemo was as playful as him.

Once all the presents were opened.. Emma, her dad and I bundled them up in the.. new car and headed home to let Nemo out for a walk and drop off the presents, coz we were gonna walk home later that evening. While Emma walked Nemo.. coz I didn't have the right shoes for going out walking in that mess.. good plan with sticking on clogs I say! hahaha so anyways while Emma walked.. her dad and I sat in the car trying to figure out how to change the time and the language.. we couldn't work out the time but we got to the language to discover that Swedish wasn't even included.. I guess that is what you get for buying a jappa. So now I really think her dad is going to have to read the manual.. as much as he doesn't want to. Good news about the new car is.. so far it doesn't make me sick.

Now it is time for the spread and christmas beer! Gobble gobble gobble down the hatch.. I tried a couple new things this year and they weren't too bad at all.. I even re-tried the sill and I quite enjoyed it.. one more than the other two.. I like mustard but the mustard one was my least favourite.. but this is exactly why I continue to try things that I have previously tried and not liked.. like the bloody saffron buns.. I keep trying them and still my taste buds don't want a bar of them.. same goes for caviar of the proper variety as well as that tubed stuff. ick!

After all the food had settled we all got stuck into some of the home-made goodies that Em and I made.. but we didn't have any of the Brandy Snaps! why o why?! I must make sure we have some today after foodage! Anyways here is a pic of my very first attempt at making brandy snaps.. ..which everyone loved when we had some on little xmas eve.. that is what they call the 23rd. And anyways here is also a photo of the Dooley's Mocha Tops that I made all by myself and didn't break a single one! So I think the trick to making them is to have Emma nowhere near! hahah Thinking about them now just makes me want one!

Today.. I slept in until about 8am.. noice! got up and have been catching up on Dexter.. currently Em is playing her new Wii game and soon we shall be heading off.. and that pretty much sums it up. Once the stores open up again.. Em and I shall head off to spend spend spend..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)