Tuesday 18 December 2012

Snow Angel!

We still weren't done for the day! It was starting to get.. less light! and it was still just the afternoon! The joys of winter travel, not only is it freezing but it is dark! Pinko, seriously what exactly were you thinking? As we walked away from our Trabi fun we 'stumbled' across a chocolate store.. 
 
..and then rather large Christmas market! There were so many smells! So many people.. just so much of so much! It was pretty awesome.. one of the things Pinko wanted was a Christmas market and here it was. What can I say, we are good suppliers, you say you want snow, we supply it. You say Christmas markets, we supply it. 2 already in one day! I guess I can't really take all the credit..

We walked around for a while looking at things before we decided it was time to try and grab a seat and eat some warm foodage, we headed into some tent thing where we ate some German pizza type thing and I had another beer before we headed off to take the scenic route home, looking at pretty lights and graffiti and the like.. it was quite fun. I even managed to convince Pinko to make a snow angel! [photo of Pinko's snow angel] Even tho she looked like she was ready to just go to sleep the second she lay down in the snow.. I can't say that it would have been the best place to try and sleep, so luckily she did get back up and we continued our scenic route home. Jas left us during this time.

We hung in the room for a little bit, then got up and headed to a little bar to partake in a cider.. but once we got there, it was very short lived by the fact that it was packed and smoky! No room to move let alone breathe, so we high-tailed it out of there!
..and headed to the supermarket where we picked up some goodies.. including some mystery meat.. which tasted a little like dog food.. or well what I would think dog food tastes like.. I didn't eat it all. After a little munch and a little chat, we fell into bed and that completed our first day. What a glorious wonderful first day in Berlin. I already want to go back, in the summer. I really want to see it in the summer but in saying that it really is lovely in the winter too.. especially if you want to catch a few Christmas markets.. coz they are everywhere! 

2 comments:

  1. I want to eat that chocolate shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be very sickly!
      There are however, a few thin squares here from that chocolate shop that you are welcome to devour!

      Delete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)