Wednesday 19 December 2012

Cirque du Soleil!

With the currywurst warming me from the inside, we headed off on a little walkabout to see some sights and just experience some more of Berlin. It really is a lovely place, with lovely people.

It wasn't long before Em and Jas got their geek on and had a geek style race... they were seeing who was the fastest to look something up. Like I said, geek.

After the race, we headed off to museum island, which was a little funny with how we had to get to the museum we wanted to be in, we had to go on to the island, then off again and then on again and we were there.. I would say hey presto but it was cold and took longer than it really needed but these things happen when you have winter and construction! We enjoyed our time out of the cold and in the museum..

Jas even got his vogue on and struck a pose on the steps.. can you spot him?

After the museum we moved along to check out The Neue Wache..
..before jumping on just a local bus that took us past many sights. It was nice to be on the bus just cruising around the streets of Berlin, sadly the windows were rather dirty and fogged so it wasn't the best view but it was still a pretty good free tour! lol
It wasn't too long and our free bus tour was over and we had to get off and start walking again, and it wasn't long at all before we were at yet another Christmas market! That even had sheeps! I can't remember exactly what sheep they were but they were cute.. and I'm not just saying that coz they are my cousins!

We quickly grabbed a burrito for dinner, it was a large and rather delicious burrito I might add, then said our see ya laters to Jas, and headed off back to the hotel to see if Pinko was well enough to join us for Cirque du Soleil Corteo! Once there, she was indeed well enough and ready to rock n roll out the door to enjoy the wonderful show! 
We arrived in good fashion, I even got a photo outside with the kiwi flag.. rockin! Then I got a before the show started shot and put my camera away and respected the wishes of the organisation and didn't take photos of the show. What a wonderful show.. not all in English either but it was so awesome that it really didn't matter coz you can follow by how they go about things. It was indeed one of my best birthday presents ever and I can't wait until I can go and see another show.. I still long to see the insect one.. maybe one day.

We got home and fell into bed.. what a glorious day! Sadly no new mystery meat for me tonight, that would have been the only thing to really cap the night off I reckon! lol

Oh and before I go, is this or is this not the most epic photo of yours truly!.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)