Wednesday 19 December 2012

Flat White!

The morning started off how it should.. we all woke up and that's when it went a little hinky! Pinko was unwell! So Emma and I headed off to Antipodes for our planned breakfast and left Pinko to try and recover. Perhaps that snow angel got up and kicked her in the ass while she slept? Who knows! So Em and I jumped on a train and toddled off..
It wasn't long before we came across Antipodes and ducked in and got a ordering..

The inside was pretty ace.. it had me at NZ.. and then sealed it with a Dalek! I know one thing.. if I lived in Berlin I would be rocking this place daily.
 
We down a rather scrummy breakfast, along with a couple of flat whites and that is when we spotted Jas walking outside so I jumped up and went and called out to him and in he came to enjoy some breakfast also.. so of course I had to go for my third.. yes third coffee for the morning.. 
..but how could I not, they looked as delicious as they tasted.. and let's face it.. how often do I actually get to be in a place that serves flat whites! Kiwi's got it right with that one. I also grabbed a NZ Company brownie for the road.

We headed off with our bellehs full and feeling content.. and I may have had a slight buzz from having three hits of caffeine! Off to the room we went to check on Pinko, and to see if she was well enough to join us to go and check out the wall. Sadly, she was still pretty under the weather so we left her to get her recover on in the hope she could join us for my birthday present later that night.

We hit the Wall (East Side Gallery) in no time.. coz it was like right down the road from our hotel... handy!
Jerks.
We tried to get right into checking it out, but there were a few guys.. read jerks.. ahead of us who wouldn't hurry up and move on coz they were waiting for us to pass so that they could write on the wall. Eventually they moved on when they realised that we weren't going anywhere.. so they slowly inched themselves forward.. annoyed and then that meant that we could finally get in and get the photo we had been waiting patiently for.. and it wasn't long until we were engrossed in the wall taking snaps here there and everywhere!

At one point while walking along, Emma makes a comment to look at that graffiti on the wall.. she wasn't actually talking about THE wall.. but just A wall that had some ace graffiti on it.. actually it was this wall and this graffiti...

Apparently this little van is Australia Bitch! 

And we even managed to get a snap of me getting a snap! I do love those shots..

After the wall we headed off and stumbled across another little Christmas market, seriously Berlin is the place to be for Christmas markets.. I think Emma's mum might be in heaven if we took her along.. and I feel like I might be slightly addicted to them also.. they were just a great buzz there, it was nice.

All this fun in the cold was getting to me so we thought it was about time I stopped by and tried a Currywurst.. it was the perfect pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)