Friday 21 December 2012

Reindeer!

Our last day! So we were up at a reasonable hour and headed down to breakfast to get the fuel for the day and then off we went to pack up and check out, leaving our gear at the hotel before setting off to get to Skansen by opening. 
Which we did, we were there slightly early so we took our spot by the front entrance so that we would be good to go as soon as 10am hit.. then the next thing we know some old man pushed in and made damn sure he was the first one through.. sometimes I think old people do that sort of stuff just to see if they can.. seeing as it wasn't that big of a deal if we went in first or second.. we let it be. Afterall, it's not like we were lining up to buy an iThing or something. Anyways, we were off..
Walking around with huge smiles in the white snowy winter wonderland, things only got better as each moment went by.. especially when we came across the gnome! Is this or is this not the most epic photo of Emma ever?! 
My vote is HELL YES!

Moving on.. what's this?! A Christmas market! Oh hell yes! Let me at that action!

How awesome is this dude? 
I really loved how there were so many people dressed up old stylez! Total rockethness! Speaking of total rockethness.. we came across a candy stall! Woooop! SO I got some kola, a sign said knäck but it didn't seem it to me, not that I am an expert but yeah I am not convinced that I wasn't just eating kola. I loved it all the same.. so much so that I went back and got some to go! Soooo good!
We continued on and then Pinko got her game on! Which she too loved so much that she went back for another pull.. ewww that's dirty!

By this stage, I had worked out quite the appetite! Donuts were just what the doctor ordered.. so I got some and shared them around, we got 2 each of the little yummy lemony goodies.
Back to walking around the winter wonderland.. we were on a mission.. a mission to see all the animals! That mission was about to begin!
Animals, animals everywhere! I just wished I could cuddle them all.. even the piggies! Even the things that I know would eat me! I just want them all! We took a small break early on while trekking through the thick snowy paths to snap a lovely little pic of Emma and I. Aren't we just adorbs?

Ok, it is Christmas.. and Christmas can only be complete when you have reindeers! And we have them people! We even got to see a little butting action.. I could have stayed with them for ages but it was time to move on, so many more animals to see and only the day to do it in!

The paths were starting to get a little on the unsafe side.. ice skates would have worked well in some areas.. but we all managed to stay on our feet.. thankfully. We keep on going, no matter what was in our.. errr on our path! 
 
These piggies were awesome at feeding time, if the carer threw bread they gobbled it! If he threw veg they sniffed it and moved away.. that was until there was no more bread so they had to eat their veg. And one piggy would chase the other piggy lots.. it was hilarious.. and you know what, pigs can hustle, man! I love this shot (above) of the pigs, coz the one in the front totally looks like they are getting their vogue on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)